Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   NEED SUGGESTIONS! AR upper build. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/need-suggestions-ar-upper-build-64529/)

Broke124 05-15-2012 06:23 PM

NEED SUGGESTIONS! AR upper build.

I'm starting to gather some things to build my first upper in .300 BLK. The list so far is as follows:

BOUGHT-
Noveske 14.5" .300 blk barrel.
Noveske chainsaw upper receiver

LOOKING AT BUYING:
BCM bcg
Daniel Defense omega x 9.0 rail
DD fixed sight set
Trijicon ACOG of some sort

...just really looking for suggestions on rails that are around 10" or so and anything else you guys think I might need...

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

AgentTikki 05-15-2012 07:13 PM

Noveske barrel eh? ACOG? Don't sound so Broke to me.....just sayin' :p

What kind of gas block are you going with?
Is it a middy or carbine gas system?

Broke124 05-15-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentTikki
Noveske barrel eh? ACOG? Don't sound so Broke to me.....just sayin' :p

What kind of gas block are you going with?
Is it a middy or carbine gas system?

carbine system. I was told that's the only way to run the blackout round. And a low pro gas block.

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

AgentTikki 05-15-2012 08:15 PM

ok, last 2 questions.......are planning on running it supressed? do you want a quad rail or a lighter handguard setup?

MikeJK 05-15-2012 08:22 PM

Noveske NSR rail

okdonk 05-15-2012 09:25 PM

Love all those top notch brand parts u putting! Noveske, DD & BCM.. yummy!

broke-again124 05-16-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

ok, last 2 questions.......are planning on running it supressed? do you want a quad rail or a lighter handguard setup?

Okay I got a new phone and couldn't get logged back in, so long story short, this is my new profile broke again. Lol. To answer your question, no I'm not running it suppressed and I want a quad rail like the DD omega x

AgentTikki 05-16-2012 06:52 PM

correction.......ask my friend what kind of rail he bought...

I've only personally handled and help install a DD 12" Omega rail, and its AMAZINGLY lite for a quad rail and i like the rectangular profile. very easy to grip. (i wear xlarge or large gloves) If you were to go with a Quad I'd recommend it. Its only a couple ounces heavier than the Samson!

Only thing is its expensive....but looking at your parts list your must be Broke-Again 24/7/365 :p

AgentTikki 05-16-2012 06:57 PM

I was only asking about the suppressor to see if you would be considering an adjustable gas block or switchblock for suppressor use. Go with a low profile gas block and free float a rail over it.

broke-again124 05-16-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

I've only personally handled and help install a DD 12" lite rail, and its AMAZINGLY lite for a quad rail and i like the rectangular profile. very easy to grip. (i wear xlarge or large gloves) If you were to go with a Quad I'd recommend it. Its only 4 ounces heavier than my 12" Samson evolution hand guards and the Samson is light!

Only thing is its expensive....but looking at your parts list your must be Broke-Again 24/7/365 :p

That's funny. So why not recommend the Samson? You didn't like it?