Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Need a suggestion from experienced builders!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Broke, I had a Spikes and really liked it.

Mta, DS Arms makes good FALs but are not know for putting together quality ARs.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Mj what would you do.? DD or PSA or Spikes? You helped me along last time. Whaddabout now? I don't want another $2200 DD tricked out slaughter rod, but I want something I can get dirty, literally throw around, and she'll want more...suggestions? If DD is all that will do it, then that's fine. Just wanting to know what my options are...

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke124

Mj what would you do.? DD or PSA or Spikes? You helped me along last time. Whaddabout now? I don't want another $2200 DD tricked out slaughter rod, but I want something I can get dirty, literally throw around, and she'll want more...suggestions? If DD is all that will do it, then that's fine. Just wanting to know what my options are...

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\
BCM lightweight 16", 13" Troy or Samson tube. It works for me quite well.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #14

Quote:

BCM lightweight 16", 13" Troy or Samson tube. It works for me quite well.
Mid or carbine?

Old 03-14-2012, 01:15 AM   #15

Any input on where to look for the deal...?

Old 03-14-2012, 02:07 AM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke124 View Post
Mid or carbine?

Quote:
Any input on where to look for the deal...?

Midlength directly from BCM.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 03-14-2012, 02:11 AM   #17

Quote:

Midlength directly from BCM.
I guess imma have to call em, cause I can't find anything anywhere about a .300 blackout upper made by BCM.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:01 AM   #18
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 39 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If you are interested, I have this AAC upper with KAC URX Rail for a sub $1000 300BLK:

I also have a couple 16" CMMG 300BLK with Stainless Steel Barrel and FSB coming soon (Pricing to be determined, but definitely sub 1k)

If you want to splurge, I have a 14.5" Noveske with pinned AAC Blackout Flash Hider and Stainless Barrel @ $1325

Otherwise, any of the brands mentioned in this thread by others should do just fine.

another option is to use the Templar Custom FastRail, which will allow you to swap between 5.56 and 300 BLK with a quick barrel swap.

Both barrels will need to use low-profile gas blocks and the proprietary barrel nuts (one is included with the rail).

Money saver tip: look at my signature below

ROG Tactical
Corona, CA
sales@rogtac.com

Visit www.rogtac.com for quality AR-platform parts and accessories.

Forum members use coupon code, FT5, to save 5% on most products.

Last edited by X-mark; 03-14-2012 at 03:04 AM.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:30 AM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
I guess imma have to call em, cause I can't find anything anywhere about a .300 blackout upper made by BCM.

Sorry my mistake. I forgot you were wanting a .300 BLK. BCM doesn't make one. PSA has a nice sub $500 upper.

The uppers listed above are really nice but definitely on the upper end of the price scale.

I would rather have two seperate uppers or rifles than use the Templer Rail. Ive watched the install video and IMO it seems slow. Faster than installing a barrel on a receiver the old fashion way but much slower then popping 2 pins.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 03-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #20

Quote:

Why do you not have it anymore ?