Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Need a suggestion from experienced builders!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need a suggestion from experienced builders!

Okay, its that time again. I'm going to be building another AR. Only this time I wanna do one in .300 blk. It's gonna be a throw around, out in the woods, truck bed, four wheeler kind of weapon. That being said, I only have experience with DD products so I hope I'm not spoiled already. So anyways, I'm looking for suggestions on good, RELIABLE, quality uppers in said caliber that won't be quite as expensive as the $1000 DD I bought last time. Will probably shoot around 2000 rnds per year. I would like to be able to be rough with this weapon without fear of failure....so I would like to know which name you boys would trust with that...all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

PSA is making a 300 BLK.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I had those same criteria when I selected my Core15 9.5" SBR upper. So far, it has performed as hoped.

http://www.core15.com/products/complete-uppers/tac-v2-300-blackout-upper.html

Old 03-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTiger
I had those same criteria when I selected my Core15 9.5" SBR upper. So far, it has performed as hoped.

http://www.core15.com/products/complete-uppers/tac-v2-300-blackout-upper.html
That's a good suggestion and what not, but being that to get it in hand would be close to $900, I would just assume get a Daniel Defense for $1000 and have total piece of mind. That's my predicament you see? Lol. I'm spoiled on perfection guaranteed.

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

Old 03-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #5

Liked 1120 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1995

I and many others have had excellent service out of the PSA uppers . Dont let their cheaper prices fool you , your getting a excellent product . I havent had any experience with their 300 BLK but I have heard nothing but good so far with them .
If your looking for a inexpensive build thats where I would go if you just have a wad of cash to blow then stick with the DD

Old 03-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
I and many others have had excellent service out of the PSA uppers . Dont let their cheaper prices fool you , your getting a excellent product . I havent had any experience with their 300 BLK but I have heard nothing but good so far with them .
If your looking for a inexpensive build thats where I would go if you just have a wad of cash to blow then stick with the DD
Heard....

Old 03-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #7

Anyone ever used an upper from spikes? Good rugged quality or no?

Old 03-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #8

Also try DS Arms uppers. Everything I've heard they're of good quality

Old 03-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #9

Liked 1120 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke124 View Post
Heard....

Heard about the 300 blk yes , I have a couple of their 5.56 uppers and they run what ever you cram in them

Old 03-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke124 View Post
Anyone ever used an upper from spikes? Good rugged quality or no?

Not an upper, but a whole rifle.

Yeah, Spike's puts out a good product.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"