Need some trigger education please - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Need some trigger education please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thank you so much for all the info. You have been more than helpful on all of this. I think you have made my decision a little easier, so hopefully I can get what kneed soon. Once again thank you!

Old 01-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Here are a couple I have looked at. What you said about the SD3G(about it being more like a short single) does this apply to the SSA/SSA-E? All of these I have listed below fit in my price range. My question is will all of these accomplish what i am looking for. Precise breaks for long range shooting, and quick pulls for speed shooting. Also I cant find weights on the Geissele, and Im a little unclear on the difference between the SSA/SSA-E.

http://geissele.com/supersemi-automaticssatrigger.aspx

http://geissele.com/supersemi-automaticenhancedssa-etrigger.aspx

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=19696/avs%7CManufacturer_1=ROCK%20RIVER%20ARMS/Product/AR-15-NATIONAL-MATCH-2-STAGE-TRIGGER

On the RRA site they have two 2 stage triggers. Both are $120, and one is a 2 stage match trigger, and the second says 2 stage varmint trigger with 3.5# - 4# weight. Is the prior going to be the same a heavier pull?

Old 01-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #33

I think you need to drill down on what you want to do with your rifle - is for long range or is it for up close speed shooting? MY SSA-E is 2.3 lbs 1st stage and 1.2 lbs 2nd stage - I love how it shoots, but it is a hunting rifle. For my HDF firearm I run a standard single stage milspec trigger - I don't need any of the high speed expensive triggers to hit something within 30 m or less, I need it to work.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I know what I want my rifle to do and that is lay down tight groups on long range targets without me having to fight my trigger the whole time. At the same time if I want to have a little fun with it at close range I want a trigger that is quick as well. I know a lot of people have multiple rifles each having its own niche in their safe. However I do not have the luxury of using different guns for each job. AgentTikki said that "every 2 stage trigger feels like a single stage when you slap it hard and fast" with that being said will the three triggers I have listed all break nice and crisp, yet pull quick and smooth if I want them to, and of the three which will give me more bang for my buck

Old 01-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #35

Liked 340 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Heres what I'd do......

Go here and talk to kevin. I ordered mine last Thursday. Got it in the mail Friday. Got a SD3G for $211 shipping included, via Paypal gift. Think this is my third Geissele from him.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=510596

Get a SSA. Use it. If you think you want to upgrade to a lighter pull, sell it (and MAYBE lose $10-20) and use the proceeds towards a SSA-E.

Geissele triggers will sell, within 1 days on M4carbine or AR15.com. Hell, that SSA will probably sell within 10 mins.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:56 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thank you!! I think I'm going to make contact with him in the morning. Once again thank you for all the advice. I knew what I wanted and I appreciate you taking the time to get to the specifics. So many times on these forums people will take someone like me who is not quite sure what they need and respond with basic answers and move on to the next post. I am truly grateful!!