Need some "M4" advice - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Need some "M4" advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

According to the reviews about the Doublestar, the lower receiver and bbl are marked 5.56mm.

If a firearm doesn't have iron sights, then I wont own it. In this case, I'll be using a GGnG MAD flip up rear sight.

Grunt

Old 12-12-2009, 11:21 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragout View Post
According to the reviews about the Doublestar, the lower receiver and bbl are marked 5.56mm.

If a firearm doesn't have iron sights, then I wont own it. In this case, I'll be using a GGnG MAD flip up rear sight.
I was pretty sure that most of their stuff was 5.56. J & T, is the same company as Doublestar, except that you can buy the same gun in a "KIT" and pick what options you want and assemble it yourself. You would have to buy a lower receiver, but then you control QC on how it all goes together

J&T 16" DS-4 Kit

And most of the complete AR's you see out there now, normally sell without the BUIS. Mainly because that is one of the areas that people are picky about, what type of sights or optics they will be using.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #13

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
I was pretty sure that most of their stuff was 5.56. J & T, is the same company as Doublestar, except that you can buy the same gun in a "KIT" and pick what options you want and assemble it yourself. You would have to buy a lower receiver, but then you control QC on how it all goes together

J&T 16" DS-4 Kit

And most of the complete AR's you see out there now, normally sell without the BUIS. Mainly because that is one of the areas that people are picky about, what type of sights or optics they will be using.
Thanks for the link. I'm having a hard time locating a complete rifle or upper that has a chrome lined bbl, but still meets my budget. I may end up building it after all. ( I have a pet peave when it comes to chrome lined bbl's)

Grunt