Need some help

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Need some help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need some help

My son was shooting my Delton DTI-4 yesterday and he had some feed problems which left dents in the brass (see pix) I've had no problems when I shoot.

Any idea what was going on?

dsc_0012.jpg  

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Not fully mastering the AR, I have not experienced that before. There are some experts here who will be able to tell you exactly whats goin on.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-15-2011, 11:40 PM   #3

I too am fairly new at this, that's why I'm asking--there's surely some expert out there who will lead us newbies in the right direction

- George Mason

Old 03-16-2011, 12:30 AM   #4

Liked 101 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

My .223 did this the first time i took it to the range. mine is a bolt action so it may be a diffrent reson then yours but mine did it because it started to double feed but i pushed it closed and the bolt dented the second round that was trying to push up, ill i did was reseat the rounds in the mag better and i didnt have any more problems, try switching your mags out.

sany0304.jpg  

Old 03-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #5

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

Any time there's a FTF you have to suspect the magazine. Try others and see what happens.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6015 Times on 3149 Posts
Likes Given: 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnealg View Post
My son was shooting my Delton DTI-4 yesterday and he had some feed problems which left dents in the brass (see pix) I've had no problems when I shoot.

Any idea what was going on?
prolly the mag raising the follower and bullets at the wrong angle so the bolt is slapping the case of the next round in line. try a different mag.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #7

I think Quentin & Deathkricket might just have something. When he showed me the rounds, I took the gun, tapped the mag and fired off 5-6 rounds without a hitch. This was a new mag and he very well may not have seated in completely. (This was only the second time he'd ever shot an AR, and the first time was 4-5 yrs ago)

Thanks!

- George Mason