need opion on what type of eotech to get

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > need opion on what type of eotech to get

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default need opion on what type of eotech to get

getting a eotech on my dd... looking at shooting o to 100 yards...can i get some advise on which model to get..... thankyou...cory

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #2

Liked 181 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 129

I got the 512 because it uses AA batteries. Pretty common battery. Love my Eotech on my Delton Echo 316/MOE Sporting Rifle.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:06 AM   #3

I really have the 552 A65, the one with AA batteries. I like the A65 because the AA batteries are much easier to find.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I like xps3-0 it takes a cr123 battery and has lasted for a year including 2 8hr classes and several 2-6 hr range shoots

Old 12-31-2012, 08:50 PM   #5

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

The xps series is a newer more well thought out design. They use the shorter CR123 batteries, which are pretty easy to find online for only a couple bucks each. The batteries are mounted laterally so that recoil impulse won't cause the batteries to lose contact and reset the sight. (a common problem with 5 series models).

The only problem is, I don't like the way the xps looks, the 512s look alot nice.

One piece of advice. Please try and handle an eotech and see if the reticle works well for your eyes. My eyes (astigmatic and lasik'd) can't handle the Eotech reticle.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:26 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

We have 2 XPS & I have one of the 512's. I like the XPS's a lot better. The on/off switch's are on the side which is easier to deal with.

Live each day as though a fire is raging in your hair!

Old 01-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
The xps series is a newer more well thought out design. They use the shorter CR123 batteries, which are pretty easy to find online for only a couple bucks each. The batteries are mounted laterally so that recoil impulse won't cause the batteries to lose contact and reset the sight. (a common problem with 5 series models).

The only problem is, I don't like the way the xps looks, the 512s look alot nice.

One piece of advice. Please try and handle an eotech and see if the reticle works well for your eyes. My eyes (astigmatic and lasik'd) can't handle the Eotech reticle.
I've heard about the reticle bleeding out with bad eyes. Mine is fuzzy if look at and focus on the reticle but clears up when I look at a point in space (target etc).

Old 01-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #8

thanks for all the info....take care..cory

Old 01-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I've got the 511(no longer avaliable) and the XPS2. I cant tell any difference except the battery life in the XPS2. The 511 has batteries that are not mounted laterally but I have never had the sight reset. Both the on and off buttons are on the back of 511 and XPS2.

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...