Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Need National Match AR sling advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default Need National Match AR sling advice

I ordered a BCM A4 Mod1.
And I want a Turner Saddlery AWS sling.

My question is what length do I get?
50"/52" or 54"/56"?
I'm 6'4" so I'd guess the longer one, but I don't want the sling
so long one of my friends couldn't use it if needed.

I hate ordering items you don't have a chance to handle first.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-17-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5320 Times on 2776 Posts
Likes Given: 336

my opinion: get the one that will fit you. your buddy can buy his own if yours doesnt work for him.

the turner aws is in my opinion the best sling there is. got one in black i use it on my m1a ar15 1903a3 and m1 garand.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #3

Liked 136 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 29

:update:

Thought I'd post what I found out in case anybody wandered by this thread with the same question.

I sent Turner Saddlery an e-mail and quickly received a reply to give them a call. I did and spoke to some very nice and professional people. Your height and weight plays as much of a role in determining what length you need as what kind of rifle you plan on using it on.

Nice peeps. turnersling.com

Old 07-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #4

I have a Fulton Armory NM AR-15 A2 and I use the turner sling. A great combination!!

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)