need more input - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > need more input

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 05:48 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 216 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 64

If u have the tools to build.. or able to manage of borrowing from your friends, then build it. Worst case scenario is costs extra a little bit but you get the joy of building.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

From everything I hear, PSA is good stuff, however, don't expect a fast delivery.

I placed an order on Oct 14th and it still hasn't shipped. Today makes 19 business days.

If it doesn't ship by noon today, they are getting a phone call.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 11-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988
If it doesn't ship by noon today, they are getting a phone call.
I don't think they dare to answer phone calls. I read lots people complaining in their FB page that no one answers the phone..

Old 11-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #14

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Yeah that's a long time. Hope u get it soon. I'd be mad too. I hope mine doesn't take forever. Now I just need to find a 16" mid length spikes complete upper. I don't want a lightweight barrel though and that's all I can find. I also don't want no tactical hand guards or anything. My build is just going to be for iron sights until I get a nice scope. Anyone find any out there. I put in my email to a few places so they email me when they get them back.in stock. Hopefully I get one.

spit hell fire

Old 11-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock
Yeah that's a long time. Hope u get it soon. I'd be mad too. I hope mine doesn't take forever. Now I just need to find a 16" mid length spikes complete upper. I don't want a lightweight barrel though and that's all I can find. I also don't want no tactical hand guards or anything. My build is just going to be for iron sights until I get a nice scope. Anyone find any out there. I put in my email to a few places so they email me when they get them back.in stock. Hopefully I get one.
Checked Aim? I thought they still have the 16" Spikes Elite upper. Two weeks ago i got the 14.5" Spikes Elite with Nibx BCG

Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #16

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
I don't think they dare to answer phone calls. I read lots people complaining in their FB page that no one answers the phone..
Maybe an email then, they answer those

I understand they can't get it done overnight, but when they say, and I quote "up to 15 business days to manufacture and a day or so to ship" it should be no more than 15 business days to manufacture and not more than 2 days to ship.

They could at least shoot you you an email if there is a delay, sorry I'm especially impatient since Tuesday.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 11-10-2012, 03:14 AM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988

Maybe an email then, they answer those

I understand they can't get it done overnight, but when they say, and I quote "up to 15 business days to manufacture and a day or so to ship" it should be no more than 15 business days to manufacture and not more than 2 days to ship.

They could at least shoot you you an email if there is a delay, sorry I'm especially impatient since Tuesday.
When I ordered my rifle kit it was 22 business days. When I called twice they answered both times and were helpful. Just my 2¢

Old 11-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Fwiw, I placed an order Monday for a blemished lower and it shipped Friday. They didn't order the phone when I called to place an order, but when I looked on the site after I realized it said no phone orders for this product.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:05 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 75 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Hey Bud, I ordered an upper from PSA also. It is a great upper but I had to wait 4 weeks to receive it. I recently ordered a BCG from Riflegear.com in the morning and by the end of the day, I already had a tracking # for it. I also heard on another forum that they use Daniels Defense barrels on their uppers. I don't know how true that is but if some one here knows if this is true or not, please correct me if I'm wrong. But their prices are pretty good so you might want to check them out.

http://www.riflegear.com/c-11-upper-assemblies.aspx

Old 11-12-2012, 05:19 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLonzo
Hey Bud, I ordered an upper from PSA also. It is a great upper but I had to wait 4 weeks to receive it. I recently ordered a BCG from Riflegear.com in the morning and by the end of the day, I already had a tracking # for it. I also heard on another forum that they use Daniels Defense barrels on their uppers. I don't know how true that is but if some one here knows if this is true or not, please correct me if I'm wrong. But their prices are pretty good so you might want to check them out.

http://www.riflegear.com/c-11-upper-assemblies.aspx
I never heard of it but it's easy to find out. Order one and have a look on the barrel. DD barrels have serial/codings which shows the production date.