Need help troubleshooting - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Need help troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 06:00 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Fired empties will stick in the chamber when re-chambered. That is normal.

Not ejecting is your problem.

If the rifle is new (sounds like?) lube the BCG really well. Run it wet.

You may have a simple "break in" to deal with, or you may have a "gas flow" problem. Might be something rubbing, too? You should not need to lube the buffer spring, they are typically run dry.

How does it feel when you slowly hand cycle the action?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 11-27-2010, 06:24 AM   #12

Feels fine when I cycle it by hand. I got everything lubed up really well now. I'm pretty sure it just needs to be broken in now. It's doing a LOT better than it was. I was only able to fire one round before it would stop working the other day, but now I'm able to fire half a mag. I'm going back out again tomorrow and hopefully it will work even better.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:30 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I would take my rifle and some of my ammo to a competent gunsmith and have him check the tolerances of the barrel and chamber area. I'm betting that your rifle needs to be polished and throated because the tolerances in those area are too tight. Tight tolerances will slow down ejection and cause a rifle to jam part way back.

Also have the smith test the recoil springs to make sure that they have the right amount of force for your rifle. Weak recoil springs can also slow down the ejection process too. It will probably be one of these two items if not both.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3464 Times on 1675 Posts
Likes Given: 1741

Big,

Did you receive my contact number. There is no way the rifle should not be functioning just because of lube!
I had sent you a PM but never heard back from you my brother. You definitely have a problem with the rifle.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:26 AM   #15

Thanks for your help everyone. I put 60 rounds through it this afternoon without a single problem. I think I just needed to get it broken in. Again, thanks for all your help. I know I can always turn here if I have a problem.

Newest Threads