Need Help Convincing The Lady Friend To Buy Me A New AR - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Need Help Convincing The Lady Friend To Buy Me A New AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 05:36 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

First off good luck.

That said my method is 2 steps. First tell her that you don't want anything else, this makes it hard for her to think of an alternative. Second tell her that you are going to buy it later if you don't get it for Christmas.

If she responds to step 1 that you won't use it tell her that you you can't see buying her jewelry bc she won't use it. If she responds to step 2 with money/budget issues tell her that you will just have to sell whatever it is she gets you to buy it then.

If all else fails try getting her to buy just the upper then get a lower to match it later.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

Old 12-11-2011, 05:41 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxuser3890
First off good luck.

That said my method is 2 steps. First tell her that you don't want anything else, this makes it hard for her to think of an alternative. Second tell her that you are going to buy it later if you don't get it for Christmas.

If she responds to step 1 that you won't use it tell her that you you can't see buying her jewelry bc she won't use it. If she responds to step 2 with money/budget issues tell her that you will just have to sell whatever it is she gets you to buy it then.

If all else fails try getting her to buy just the upper then get a lower to match it later.

That's a damned good idea!

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 12-11-2011, 05:44 AM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21722 Times on 12312 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

ranger, tell her to get you a gift certificate from the store that has the one you want, if that doesn't work, try pouting!

Old 12-11-2011, 05:46 AM   #14

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Works too my dad once got a new ridding mower by telling my mother that didn't need any more closet space she just needed to get rid of shoes. He got a John Deere that next week and installed another rack in the closet.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:48 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
ranger, tell her to get you a gift certificate from the store that has the one you want, if that doesn't work, try pouting!
Hmmmm. I hadn't thought of this one

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 12-11-2011, 05:57 AM   #16
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21722 Times on 12312 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxuser3890 View Post
Works too my dad once got a new ridding mower by telling my mother that didn't need any more closet space she just needed to get rid of shoes. He got a John Deere that next week and installed another rack in the closet.

ranger, linux brought out another good tactic to try! of course my favorite one, i just go get it without saying anything, easier to apoligize afterwards, than to get permission beforehand!

Old 12-11-2011, 05:59 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

ranger, linux brought out another good tactic to try! of course my favorite one, i just go get it without saying anything, easier to apoligize afterwards, than to get permission beforehand!
I may actually wind up doing this anyways..... You're right. Lol

"Sua Sponte"

Old 12-11-2011, 06:33 AM   #18

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Just tell her that if she won't buy it for you that your other girlfriend will...and that she would no longer be #1

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 12-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan89
Just tell her that if she won't buy it for you that your other girlfriend will...and that she would no longer be #1
Ummm. I just bought her a Ruger SR9c. She knows how to use it EXTREMELY well. Eff that idea.

"Sua Sponte"

Old 12-11-2011, 07:32 AM   #20

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Orgasms.

Mind-bending, earth-shattering, IQ-decimating, ORGASMS.

Works fer me. Id say about 10 of those and you'll prolly even have all her credit cards...