Need Help Convincing The Lady Friend To Buy Me A New AR
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Need Help Convincing The Lady Friend To Buy Me A New AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Need Help Convincing The Lady Friend To Buy Me A New AR

Well the subject line says it all.

She made the mistake of asking what I wanted for Xmas.....

I told her I wanted either a new AR-15 or AR-10.

She has two main objections

1- "You don't NEED it."
2- "It's a waste of money."

So now that it's out on the table, I need AS MUCH help as I can get. Tell me what you folks would say to plant the seed in her head to buy one. Or some good excuses that will do the same.

NOTHING is too low! Lol

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-11-2011, 05:29 AM   #2

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Is she a shooter at all?

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-11-2011, 05:29 AM   #3

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06 View Post
Well the subject line says it all.

She made the mistake of asking what I wanted for Xmas.....

I told her I wanted either a new AR-15 or AR-10.

She has two main objections

1- "You don't NEED it."
2- "It's a waste of money."

So now that it's out on the table, I need AS MUCH help as I can get. Tell me what you folks would say to plant the seed in her head to buy one. Or some good excuses that will do the same.

NOTHING is too low! Lol
Now that the cat is out of the bag...tell her you have to have it to preserve your manhood. Otherwise, you will be harassed on this forum as a p-whipped, girly man whose girl friend wouldn't let him have an AR to play with...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-11-2011, 05:30 AM   #4

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Try this...I may have boosted the pic from this site a while back but it fits...oughta satisfy the "You don't need it" argument...

gun_ownership.jpg  

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 12-11-2011, 05:32 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent
Try this...I may have boosted the pic from this site a while back but it fits...
Nice pic! Just texted it to her

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 12-11-2011, 05:34 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

Now that the cat is out of the bag...tell her you have to have it to preserve your manhood. Otherwise, you will be harassed on this forum as a p-whipped, girly man whose girl friend wouldn't let him have an AR to play with...
Well my obstacle is that I already own multiple ARs in multiple calibers. I just WANT another strictly for hunting purposes

@jon- She is a shooter. Not a very avid shooter, but she is. Just isn't quite as extreme as I am

"Sua Sponte"

Old 12-11-2011, 05:35 AM   #7

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

...or, if you don't mind telling a little white lie, tell her all unsold guns are destroyed by the government...

destroygunkitten.jpg  

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 12-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #8

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Do what i did then take her out to shoot the one you want let her shoot most of the ammo and tben when she cant let it go tell her it can be both of your (make sure its registered in your name tho) then problem solved you get a new gun and she has fun shooting it with you.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-11-2011, 05:43 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d
Do what i did then take her out to shoot the one you want let her shoot most of the ammo and tben when she cant let it go tell her it can be both of your (make sure its registered in your name tho) then problem solved you get a new gun and she has fun shooting it with you.
That MIGHT work. Lol. It's a pretty good bet. Told her I wanted a new .22-250 last Xmas. She didn't wanna get it. Let her shoot my Dad's for a couple hours from 100-500M and she broke bread!

"Sua Sponte"

Old 12-11-2011, 05:50 AM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Thats like when someone asks me what I want for Christmas and I say Cash and they disapprove. So who is it they're purchasing the gift for? Who is it they are truly trying to make happy? Me or them?

If they really want to make me happy doesn't it make more sense to get me what I want instead of what they think I should have?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."