Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Need Help Convincing The Lady Friend To Buy Me A New AR (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/need-help-convincing-lady-friend-buy-me-new-ar-53360/)

CarlsbadRanger06 12-11-2011 04:24 AM

Need Help Convincing The Lady Friend To Buy Me A New AR
 
Well the subject line says it all.

She made the mistake of asking what I wanted for Xmas.....

I told her I wanted either a new AR-15 or AR-10.

She has two main objections

1- "You don't NEED it."
2- "It's a waste of money."

So now that it's out on the table, I need AS MUCH help as I can get. Tell me what you folks would say to plant the seed in her head to buy one. Or some good excuses that will do the same.

NOTHING is too low! Lol

jon1992d 12-11-2011 04:29 AM

Is she a shooter at all?

Jpyle 12-11-2011 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06 (Post 648573)
Well the subject line says it all.

She made the mistake of asking what I wanted for Xmas.....

I told her I wanted either a new AR-15 or AR-10.

She has two main objections

1- "You don't NEED it."
2- "It's a waste of money."

So now that it's out on the table, I need AS MUCH help as I can get. Tell me what you folks would say to plant the seed in her head to buy one. Or some good excuses that will do the same.

NOTHING is too low! Lol

Now that the cat is out of the bag...tell her you have to have it to preserve your manhood. Otherwise, you will be harassed on this forum as a p-whipped, girly man whose girl friend wouldn't let him have an AR to play with...:p

vincent 12-11-2011 04:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Try this...I may have boosted the pic from this site a while back but it fits...oughta satisfy the "You don't need it" argument...

CarlsbadRanger06 12-11-2011 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent
Try this...I may have boosted the pic from this site a while back but it fits...

Nice pic! Just texted it to her ;)

CarlsbadRanger06 12-11-2011 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle

Now that the cat is out of the bag...tell her you have to have it to preserve your manhood. Otherwise, you will be harassed on this forum as a p-whipped, girly man whose girl friend wouldn't let him have an AR to play with...:p

Well my obstacle is that I already own multiple ARs in multiple calibers. I just WANT another strictly for hunting purposes ;)

@jon- She is a shooter. Not a very avid shooter, but she is. Just isn't quite as extreme as I am ;)

vincent 12-11-2011 04:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
...or, if you don't mind telling a little white lie, tell her all unsold guns are destroyed by the government...

jon1992d 12-11-2011 04:38 AM

Do what i did then take her out to shoot the one you want let her shoot most of the ammo and tben when she cant let it go tell her it can be both of your (make sure its registered in your name tho) then problem solved you get a new gun and she has fun shooting it with you.

CarlsbadRanger06 12-11-2011 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon1992d
Do what i did then take her out to shoot the one you want let her shoot most of the ammo and tben when she cant let it go tell her it can be both of your (make sure its registered in your name tho) then problem solved you get a new gun and she has fun shooting it with you.

That MIGHT work. Lol. It's a pretty good bet. Told her I wanted a new .22-250 last Xmas. She didn't wanna get it. Let her shoot my Dad's for a couple hours from 100-500M and she broke bread!

mjkeat 12-11-2011 04:50 AM

Thats like when someone asks me what I want for Christmas and I say Cash and they disapprove. So who is it they're purchasing the gift for? Who is it they are truly trying to make happy? Me or them?

If they really want to make me happy doesn't it make more sense to get me what I want instead of what they think I should have?


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:16 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.