Need Feedback Please - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Need Feedback Please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 01:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
I'm new around here, so guys please don't believe a word Dillinger said about me : P I consider myself a professional student and have great deal to learn. I'm by no way an 'expert' and somewhat fear that label.

Dillinger, it's absolutely great work, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I just know you are the type who always aims for perfection so I thought I'd mention any little thing I noticed. The target audience will determine what level of detail you use and I'm sure you've got that all planned out. The average end-user doesn't need to know anything fancy to get the job done... though another write up from you about how to build a match-worthy AR wouldn't be unwelcome either ; P

Thanks again for the hard work, can't wait to see this come together!
Thank you my Friend - I have been putting some real work into this piece to educate as well as instruct. The write up now sits at about 5 pages and there are more than a dozen labeled pictures. I have to finish it off, submit it to my 'Smith to get his blessing since some of it will have his knowledge and name behind it, and then I will be able to put it up here for anyone interested.

Let's hope it's well received for what's for and what it is not.

JD

Old 06-09-2008, 03:01 AM   #12

As a person in the process of shopping for parts and trying to gain an understanding of all the small parts, this is exactly what I am seeking. Pictures make it so much more clear and concise and will only supplement written information. It's been 20+ years from my last issued M-16. I shot one recently and forgot what a true pleasure the weapon can be. I'd like to add a request, (or perhaps it's explained someplace I have yet to find,) a explanation of the acronyms and versions of the weapon. My last piece was an A2, and LOTS has changed. Thanks in advance Dillinger, this seems to be a project you have you heart in, and those things are typically works of art.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:07 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeddes View Post
As a person in the process of shopping for parts and trying to gain an understanding of all the small parts, this is exactly what I am seeking. Pictures make it so much more clear and concise and will only supplement written information. It's been 20+ years from my last issued M-16. I shot one recently and forgot what a true pleasure the weapon can be. I'd like to add a request, (or perhaps it's explained someplace I have yet to find,) a explanation of the acronyms and versions of the weapon. My last piece was an A2, and LOTS has changed. Thanks in advance Dillinger, this seems to be a project you have you heart in, and those things are typically works of art.

Thanks Bro - I am putting a lot of work into the write up of the assembly of just the lower, I plan on doing a separate thread on the assembly of the upper. The current work is like 5 pages in MS Word, but I will try to work in an example of what the different uppers are, and their nomenclature, on the upper portion of the piece.

JD

Old 06-09-2008, 08:13 PM   #14

Looks good to me. clear and concise.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltm4 View Post
Looks good to me. clear and concise.
Thanks Colt - I appreciate the feedback. Should have the full write up done soon. It's just taking a lot more work that I thought originally...

JD

Old 11-12-2008, 04:08 PM   #16

the writing is fuzzy & indistinct, too small. sorry, but not overly helpful if you dont already know, i would'nt think. but so far you seem to post very good work, so you keep posting & i'll keep reading..

Old 11-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #17

This was a rough draft from awhile ago. I found a different on line picture editor and put the submission into the Knowledge Base. If you sign up for full membership or submit an article yourself, you can see the finished product.

Thanks for the feedback though...

Old 11-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #18

OK, my appologies, did'nt see those!