need advise on daniel defense - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > need advise on daniel defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 02:15 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

thanks for the great info.was also looking at a larue..does anyone have the larue line ar15....so many choices and not enough money.lol. i think the more i look around the more difficult the choice becomes...thanks cory

Old 07-01-2012, 03:40 AM   #12

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Daniel Defense manufactures a great AR. If you have the money for a DD get a DD. Don't mess w/ some of these others.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #13

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring
I almost bought a Daniel Defense AR-15 last year when I was looking for a new patrol rifle for duty carry. I did a lot of research and I loved my Rock River rifle. I decided on an LMT (Lewis Machine and Tool). LMT is mil-spec and manufactured for our military. I'm actually selling mine right now since I have a new issued rifle (LMT) and I could use the money. If you're interested in one of the best rifles out there let me know. But just in case, here are some info and pics of mine:

I am selling my LMT (Lewis Machine and Tool) AR-15. This is a "Law Enforcement/Government Use Only" marked lower receiver. It is only a year old and less than 1,000 rounds down range. Cleaned after every outing. This sale does not include the EOTech HWS or suppresor.

LMT Defender (LMT matched upper and lower)
16" barrel with 1:7 twist
Full-auto bolt carrier group
LMT 2-stage trigger group
Troy free floating rails
Troy Battle Rails
Troy Flip-Up BUIS
Magpul FDE Rail Covers
Magpul FDE MOE butt stock
ERGO FDE pistol grip
Noveske QD End Plate for swivel attachment (swivel not included)
Midwest Industries Front Sling Adapter with Stud
1 Magpul FDE 30 Round Pmag
I just saw this on Armslist. If only I had the money.. Ha

Old 07-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #14

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

DD is hard to beat. My next AR will either be a DD or a LaRue OBR Predator.

Watch the Larry Vickers torture test video of the DD and decide for yourself.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 07-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

Look at DD's Ambush hunting line.
All I saw were 5.56 and 6.8 on the ambush site

Old 07-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #16

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Hunter556

6.8 basically IS a 308.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #17

ok.... im going with the ddm4 but am undecided on the version...i like the v5 .. what our the advantanges and disadvanges to the A frame style front site to the bolt on like v5... i am going to put on a scope...is one better than the other....thanks again for all the info.... this site is awesome..cory

Old 07-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5990 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm99 View Post
ok.... im going with the ddm4 but am undecided on the version...i like the v5 .. what our the advantanges and disadvanges to the A frame style front site to the bolt on like v5... i am going to put on a scope...is one better than the other....thanks again for all the info.... this site is awesome..cory
a solid fixed front sight base doesnt shoot itself loose if it is properly pinned in place. detachables with the knobs are prone to getting knocked loose or lost. my preference is a fixed front sight base with a detachable rear folding low profile iron sight when using optics. the front sight will disapear starting at about 4x magnification

if you take the time to properly attach and remove the front fsb you still can get some minor point of impact shift from different torques from mounting to dismounting and mounting again. i think your better off with a flip up front backup rather than a detachable full size sight base if the ghost image at 4x really bugs you.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #19

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Hunter556 View Post
Sorry, I thought Ambush Firearms had introduced a 308, I know they've been talking about it.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #20

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
a solid fixed front sight base doesnt shoot itself loose if it is properly pinned in place. detachables with the knobs are prone to getting knocked loose or lost. my preference is a fixed front sight base with a detachable rear folding low profile iron sight when using optics. the front sight will disapear starting at about 4x magnification ...
I agree with Jon 100% and would go with the DDM4V3 and the FSB. In fact that's exactly what I did with my DD and BCM uppers, but then I have no need for a quadrail. The fixed FSB normally isn't a problem with a 3-4x scope or even a 1x RDS since cowitnessing is a good thing. And later if you decide you don't want the fixed front sight, say for a longer rail, you can cut it down into a low profile gas block and install your rail. Best of both worlds. Of course if you're sure you don't want the FSB in the first place, then go with the V5 or V7 and let DD do all the work for you.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 07-01-2012 at 11:57 PM.