Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > need advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeebasser View Post
I'm getting ready to purchase a new rifle. I'm considering an ar-15 from Stag because they build them for us southpaws. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Welcome! Can't go wrong with a Stag. I am a lefty as well and have a lefty Stag Arms AR-15. It has fed 1000 rounds without issue. Never a jam or a misfeed. I love mine greatly! You won't be disappointed.

The selector switch on mine is on the right side of the lower. I also installed an ambi mag release that works wonderful!

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Old 11-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Oh yeah, I didn't think about the mag release being on the wrong side of the lower for you south paws out there, and not everyone has to have a bullet button like we do here in Kommiefornia. Dangit!

Old 11-19-2010, 01:41 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_Slayer View Post
Oh yeah, I didn't think about the mag release being on the wrong side of the lower for you south paws out there, and not everyone has to have a bullet button like we do here in Kommiefornia. Dangit!
Pardon my ignorance....but what is "bullet button"? I'm sure it's slang for something no doubt but just never heard the term.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:55 AM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
Pardon my ignorance....but what is "bullet button"? I'm sure it's slang for something no doubt but just never heard the term.
Essentially? It's a two stage magazine release. You have to use a bullet, or other "pointy" device, to depress an inner second stage button to drop the magazine.

Presumably, in the land of Kommiefornia thinking, if you stop to use a pointy device to drop a 10 round mag before loading another 10 round mag, it's going to make you a "safer" shooter where the public is concerned.

JD

Old 11-22-2010, 11:24 PM   #15
Supporting Member

Liked 1796 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Yankee,

Stag builds a good AR Rifle. Only thing that bugs me about the lefty model I the ejection port flips up and not down like on most ARs. But other than the ejection port being on the left side it is the same as all others who can have ambi magazine releases and safety installed. Of course even being left haded the magazine release is no problem on any of them with the use of an index finger. And with the deflectors we no longer get hit with ejected rounds and those cute little round circle burns on our cheek!!!
Good luck there are several top quality ARs out there.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #16

I have two right hand model stags and they are top notch.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #17

I have a Stag, and bought it for the same reason you are considering, because its a lefty. It is a great, reliable, and tightly fitting gun. As others have said, chances are you wouldn't have any problems shooting a right handed AR (my right handed shooting friends shoot my 2TL without issues), but it is pretty nice having a left handed one.

Stag even produces a .22lr conversion for the lefty versions now.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #18

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

I assembled my AR15 from a STAG lower and complete upper, although it's not a lefty, and it is very nice rifle. I highly recommend them

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build