My newly built AR at the range - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

My newly built AR at the range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 01:54 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
it looks, from the craptastic pics on magpul site, like a standard AR front sight post. maybe you can get a thin NM sight post. i put one on my AR and it makes shooting with irons a LOT easier.
I was thinking about grinding it down like was suggested on the front page. But seeing as how they are backup and I now have a cheap scope on its way now, Ill probably just leave it.

Cheap scope to last me till I can get a good one. "The bank" isnt letting me get the bushnell elite yet. LOL!

Old 04-25-2011, 07:51 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
I was thinking about grinding it down like was suggested on the front page. But seeing as how they are backup and I now have a cheap scope on its way now, Ill probably just leave it.

Cheap scope to last me till I can get a good one. "The bank" isnt letting me get the bushnell elite yet. LOL!
I just went to Big 5 and got mine its not the best but 35.00 cant beat it

Old 04-26-2011, 05:32 AM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post

I've fixed good irons out of UTG front and rear folding bases. I (ever so lightly . . . ) took a Dremel to the front post, after removing it from the rifle and placing in jig w/in a vise began to grind the sides equally until I was satisified with the diameter and contour.

However, to avoid all that I know MidwayUSA has a set of like 10 front sight posts for the AK-47 for aroiund $25-$30. They are all different and I love switching up on a good zeroed rifle to see each one in peep vs. v-shaped rear aperatures.

I'm sure the AR has something like that (no time to look right now).

Old 04-26-2011, 06:54 AM   #24

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

all good info. thanks guys!
"If the gun is cold to the touch, put Gloves on" -RustyShackleford101