My New LWRC AR-15 CSAT Rifle!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > My New LWRC AR-15 CSAT Rifle!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Default My New LWRC AR-15 CSAT Rifle!

I've been wanting one of these rifles for a long time, and today was the day! This is without question the finest AR-15 I've ever seen, let alone have the pleasure to own. A Cadillac with a price to match, but worth every penny paid. As many of you know the problem isn't buying one of these rifles, but rather FINDING one. Now that I have it and the hunt is over, I can sit back and enjoy it. I doubt there is, or ever will be a finer gas piston AR-15. Bill T.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #2

While I've been wanting one of these rifles for the longest time, I never placed a firm order for one because lead times on these guns can be quite long, and I'm not the most patient guy in that regard. Then yesterday I was at a local shop I frequent, and he had just gotten this one in. It was a simple case of being at the right place at the right time. I grabbed it immeadeatly. LWRC builds very high quality weapons, and I've never heard a thing negative about the company, or their products.

While I've been under the opinion that a gas piston AR-15 is a solution to a non existent problem, I was glad to get this one simply because I feel it represents the best engineered example of yet another variant of what is an immensely popular weapon platform.

It is always a difficult decision to spend that kind of coin on a gun, it becomes even more so when it becomes a "spur of the moment" type of purchase. My uneasiness was put to rest by my wife when I brought it home. She quickly pointed out how we had just spent over $2,700.00 to get the house painted and said, what is the reward for that, except for the fact in 7 or 8 years we can spend even more money to do it again. I've never been one to argue against common sense!

I feel that any type of black rifle purchase in todays deteriorating political climate is a wise investment, when it is a rifle of this quality and uncommonness, it becomes even more so. Bill T.

Last edited by billt; 04-25-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post

. My uneasiness was put to rest by my wife when I brought it home. She quickly pointed out how we had just spent over $2,700.00 to get the house painted and said, what is the reward for that, except for the fact in 7 or 8 years we can spend even more money to do it again. I've never been one to argue against common sense!

Bill T.

Hell of a nice gun!

And an even better wife!!

U a lucky man

Old 04-25-2009, 04:56 PM   #4

You Sure Got a Purty AR.

range report??

Old 04-26-2009, 01:15 AM   #5
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1255 Times on 712 Posts
Likes Given: 598

Good lookin Tacti-Kool rifle,Glad you got what you wanted. THB

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 04-26-2009, 02:18 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I like it! I have to say the AR platform makes a nice looking rifle!

Old 04-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #7

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I seriously hate you on so many levels right now billt.

Anyway, nice rifle.

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Old 05-22-2009, 11:46 PM   #8

These are a few quick pictures I took of my new LWRC M-6 Carbine I picked up this past week. This one will keep my CSAT Edition Rifle company. Bill T.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #9

What I really like about the LWRC series of piston rifles are the little things you notice over the many D.I. guns on the market. The massive attachment of the forend at the rear, and the larger trigger guard to accommodate gloved hands. They really go the extra mile to cover all the bases and pay close attention to detail that so many of the other manufacturers miss. Now all I need is plenty of range time!

Both rifles side by side. Bill T.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:50 PM   #10

I had both of my LWRC rifles out to the range the other day just to run a few rounds through them, and check function and bench accuracy with 4 different types of factory ammo, (Federal XM-193 Ball, Federal American Eagle, Fiocchi .223 Ball, and Remington UMC 55 gr. FMJ), and several different handloads I've assembled. Both guns digested everything without a hitch. I used 4 different magazines, (C-Products, Magpul P-Mags, Tapco, and DH), everyone of them ran well in both rifles. What impressed me the most is not only the accuracy of these weapons, but how cool and clean they run compared to D.I. guns. There was little to no cleaning to speak of. Granted I only ran around 160 rounds through each rifle, but it was amazing how completely free the guns were of all the dirt and crap you get with a D.I. weapon.

I can see why piston guns are catching on the way they are, and why LWRC weapons are hard to get. I was a naysayer when these things first started to appear as well. Now, after buying and shooting 2 of them, even just the limited amount I have, the reason for the popularity is totally obvious. The only downside I had the whole day was having to leave!