Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > My new EBR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 03:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 291

Default My new EBR

I had originally put an oly plinker plus on layaway and posted another thread asking if the plinker would be a good buy. I spent numerous hours reading different boards about what I should look for in a decent AR15 for under $1000. I came to the conclusion the Oly would not meet my needs.

So, I went back to my local gun-store and looked around for about an hour at their AR's. I took 3 to the counter. One was a Saber, another was a smith and wesson M&P moe, and an armalite 15A4CBA2K. The Saber and Armalite was similar in price,the S&W was about $200 more.

I chose the flattop armalite 15A4CBA2K, it was listed at $1030. I was able to purchase it for $897before taxes.

The specs are... Caliber: .223/5.56mm NATO
Barrel: 16" Double Lapped, Chrome Lined\Chrome Moly Vanadium
Rifling Twist: RH 1:9"
Muzzle Device: Flash Suppressor
Front Sight Base: A2 Front Sight Assembly
Upper Receiver: Forged Flattop with Picatinny Rail
Trigger: Two Stage Tactical, Approximately 5-6 lbs.
Overall Length: 35.6"
Weight: 7 lbs
Finish: Anodized Aluminum Upper/Lower Receiver, Manganese Phosphated Steel Barrel
Accuracy: 2 - 2 1/2" MOA
Included with Rifle: One 30 Round Magazine, Sling, Black Case, Owner's Manual, Limited Lifetime Warranty.

My wife, son, and myself shot 100 rounds through it without any problems. I love this Rifle!

I tried to take some pictures of the gas key staking...

The firing pin is fully shrouded and the m4 feed ramps look good. However the front sight is not "F" marked and there is not a "H" buffer. What do you guys think..was it a good buy?

Countries are eaten up by the parties they favor, and ravaged by the one they oppose. Fathers and sons, sheath their swords in anothers bowels in the field, and their wives and daughters are exposed to rudeness and lust of ruffians at home.~PHILANTHROPOS

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here