My New Bushy... :) - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > My New Bushy... :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2008, 12:52 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Stopped by Cabela's on my way home from a junkyard trip (Harry's U-Pull-It and EZ Pull). They had both Aimpoint and EOTech, but after looking at both, I opted for the EOTech 512.

They only had the shelf model left, but opted for it anyways since I didn't want to wait for something to ship.

The Bushy I picked up had a set of risers on for optics, so I pulled them off and put the new sight on. It looks great! Now I can't wait to get back over to the cabin to see how it shoots!

Also picked up a little Pine Ridge red dot for my Mossberg 835. A nice addition for that as well.

My YHM handguards should be here Monday or Tuesday. Still a little unsure about how they mount. They are the standard ones (not floating) and from what I gather, it looks like the old ones just pull off and these just fit in their place. The guy included the install tool from YHM, so hopefully it'll make it a breeze to put them on!

Simon

XD-9 SubCompact -- Walther P22 -- Savage 110 -- Mossberg 835 -- Ruger 10/22 -- Bushmaster 16" AR-15

Old 02-16-2008, 03:13 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

very nice gun, congrats..
That very same gun is on my wish list, as of now
I just have handguns.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:02 AM   #23

Sam - It's a great gun for a great price if you want something pre-built. Like I posted above, I wanted to walk in and walk out with the rifle and that was the case with this.

I got my YHM handguards in today (thank you EBay!) and just got them installed. They make a big difference in the look of the rifle. Now I just need some accessories to add to them. I want to get a grip and maybe a light mount to add. We'll see what else comes later.

Simon

XD-9 SubCompact -- Walther P22 -- Savage 110 -- Mossberg 835 -- Ruger 10/22 -- Bushmaster 16" AR-15

Old 02-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #24

Sounds good. I'm also running the EOTech 512F on my Bushmaster M4 right now.

If you can see the big picture your not concentrating on the front sight post كافر

Last edited by Punisher; 02-22-2008 at 11:22 PM.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:14 AM   #25

Very cool! I'm waiting for a set of PMAGs to come in now. Placed the order this past Saturday and they order is still "processing"...

In addition to the handguards and 512, I added a set of YHM front and rear flip up sights for backups, and a cheapy folding front grip. I like that I can flip it away, but it seems a little cheap. I want to find a light mount for my new Surefire flashlight and then I'll probably be done.

Simon

Old 02-23-2008, 07:06 PM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sweet firearm man.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:57 AM   #27

Default thats sexy

man i am so jealous over here in oz you guys are so lucky id swp you 50 kangeroos for 1 of them

Old 02-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #28

Two new shots.. One of the Bushy and one with it and the Springfield XD-9 SC next to it. Took it out on Thursday to do a little shooting, but it was FREEZING, so I didn't stick around long.

The Bushy is sporting some YHM handguards, front and rear flip sights... And I added a cheapy folding front grip. Also added a set of PMAGs, which look a whole lot nicer than the other one.

Simon