My new addition

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > My new addition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 01:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default My new addition

Well guys, since I lost my AR to my wife I have decided I needed to build another one.

Here is the start of my new baby. I'm starting off with a stripped DEL-TON lower receiver.

p1010403.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-07-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Kinda' small isn't it? If you water it will it grow into a rifle?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-07-2009, 02:49 AM   #3

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

What makes you think she won't take this one from you too? You know how women are...ever know one to stop at one pair of shoes or one handbag? I'm just sayin'...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-07-2009, 02:56 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Dz, what direction are you going? 16 or 20? Lots of stuff on sale right now, it is great. YHM, BCM bolts, optics and rebates... he11 I even found a Larue 7" rail for right at 200 shipped (usually 260 or so).

Old 12-07-2009, 04:22 AM   #5

Hillbilly,

I'm going to buid another 16" carbine similar to what I built and lost. Linda has both her Mini14 and the AR now and says she will decide which she will take after I finish this one. I have to Remember she is a woman on PMS with a gun so I walk lightly and pretty much give her whatever she wants.
but I digress, I'm looking at a standard 6 position carbine stock, a quad 4 rail hand guard, Looking at a Laru fold down rear sight and not decided on other optics. I will get another Ijk Optis green laser as they are fantastic. I'm thinking of going desert tan (kind of a El Paso desert tan theam) on this one but haven't decided yet. I'm sticking with the 16" as I may be using this on duty.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:40 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Sounds like a great project. Please keep us in the loop.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-07-2009, 04:55 AM   #7

Thanks CA I will, oh I forgot I ordered a Rock River two stage tactical trigger also.