My new 6.8 almost

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > My new 6.8 almost

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 04:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default My new 6.8 almost

Well I dont have a gun yet, but it is all ordered. I have a YHM lower already built with a Magpul ACS flat dark earth stock. Everything else is in the mail. I have a 6.8x43 nitro carburised barrel bolt combo from AR Performance with a ITS HF MCD muzzel break ordered Monday. I ordered a YHM upper and LP gas block to go with my lower. I have a MI rifle length SS series free float tube in flat dark earth. I ordered a 2.5-10x44 Vortex HS optic with the dead hold BDC. It will sit in a Larue Tactical mount. I ordered 10 boxes of SSA 85grain Barnes bullets. I also orderd 5 17rd ACS mags from Selpharms. I have tracking info on everything except the barrel bolt. I was told they were picking up a fresh batch of bolts from the heat treatment process and I would probably have it in a week. Have I missed anything? As soon as I get it together I will have pics of it and some dead hogs.
This is a pic of what I have so far.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-30-2011, 05:45 AM   #2

Default Impressive

Quite a nice build. I hope you find the 6.8 round to be effective for your needs. I've heard some good things about it, but I've never actually fired it myself. One of these days...

Old 08-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

ARP has a good following. I had a barrel and bolt from them and was impressed. Good looking AR.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Very impressive build so far.

I see you left out a sling in your list. One or two point?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I have a couple of single point slings and this gun has a single point attachment, but I think I might try a 2 point sling on it.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #6

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Excellent! Looking forward to her completion and the hog initiation test pics!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”