My moe handguard destroyed - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

My moe handguard destroyed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Then either give up or call/email again. Like has been said, by tossing it you may have just cost yourself the price of the guard.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:08 AM   #12

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
Calm down Tackleberry, I mean wow you see a bit irritated ........ Take a time out.....lol
I'm always calm?
I just really enjoy calling people out who do very foolish things, don't know or don't follow the rules, then sound as though there bashing a company for not giving them exactly what they want.

If that was not your intent then ok but it's certainly how you came across.

Tack

Old 04-12-2012, 04:17 AM   #13

Sorry I didn't try to come across as someone bashing a company or some one tring to get what I want I could care less what they do I just wanted to know why it broke after one time of use I have several of these handguards. So leave it at that. The only reason I throw it away was I didn't think they would want it.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:21 AM   #14

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenton92 View Post
Sorry I didn't try to come across as someone bashing a company or some one tring to get what I want I could care less what they do I just wanted to know why it broke after one time of use I have several of these handguards. So leave it at that. The only reason I throw it away was I didn't think they would want it.
Actually, companies usually want them back because they can have their engineers look at it and find out if it was a mechanical defect or operator error. If it is a mechanical defect, they can then work to repair it and stop further issues.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:24 AM   #15

Liked 53 Times on 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenton92
So did you think that they would replace it with a new one under warranty without getting the defective one back as proof plus receipt to show date of purchase? Is that what you were thinking? If so let this be a life lesson.

On the other hand I bought a brand New Sig SP2022 with night sights at a gun show and when i g got home found that one of the lamps were blown contacted Sig and they asked when i purchased it and offered to replace it or send me a night sight and i could take care of it faster at my own expense but never asked for the bad sight, i also didn't throw it away either.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #16

Ok for one I did not ask for a replacement I ask them why or what caused it to brake. And I didn't come one here to have you people jump down my throat if I wanted a new handguard I would buy a new one as simple as that.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:43 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenton92
Ok for one I did not ask for a replacement I ask them why or what caused it to brake. And I didn't come one here to have you people jump down my throat if I wanted a new handguard I would buy a new one as simple as that.
How are they to be able to tell you that without being able to inspect the defective part?

I think you need to develope a little thicker skin and take the advice given to you for what it is worth.
What you should have gotten from all of this is " that was a real bone head thing to do by throwing it away, I won't do that again"
Apparently money isn't your issue at least that's what I got from you can just Buy another one but being a 1 post smugg snot is fine to you?
Maybe your not ready to be here, I think there are some really nice airsoft forums out there, they are just like this but not with all the real guns and mature people.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 AM   #18

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenton92 View Post
Whoa there Brenton, calm down. No ones jumping down your throat. You just sound like a young guy who's got a lot to learn.

The manner in which I'm speaking to you is the same tone I take with my 20 YO son when he does something goofy.

Tack

Old 04-12-2012, 04:51 AM   #19

Ok lets start over. I admit I should have keep it and sent it in but I wasnt thinking straight you guys are right it was a really stupid thing to do. And sorry every one for being so rude. And thanks for the advise.

Your right tack it was pretty goofy

Last edited by Brenton92; 04-12-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:09 AM   #20

Hey Brenton, welcome to the forum.