Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   My Magpul MOE hand guard broke. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/my-magpul-moe-hand-guard-broke-54957/)

cfraga1978 01-07-2012 06:45 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Ok guys I built my first AR for christmas its a 16" mid with magpul MOE hand guard. I have been having some fun with it this last two weeks about 1500 rounds of fun. Well this evening I took off the hand guards for a good detail cleaning. And found that the two large tabs that hold the top piece of the hand guard to the plate at the gas block are broke off. It will still hold on by the two smaller tabs. I have heard a lot of good things about magpul and was wondering if anyone else has had problems. Maybe I just got a defective one? I should add I got the hand guard as part of my complete kit so who should I call first Del-ton who I got the kit from or Magpul?

Quentin 01-07-2012 02:25 PM

It would take a hard blow to do that, MOEs are tough as nails! The rifle didn't fall or something?

I'd start with Del-Ton, maybe the end cap is wrong and causing this? It originally fit the end cap ok? If they're no help I'm sure Magpul will replace it but you want to be sure the problem isn't elsewhere.

dragunovsks 01-07-2012 02:32 PM

I have magpul parts on my ar, got the pistol grip, enhanced trigger guard and use pmags with ranger plates and they make great products. You shouldve have much trouble getting them to replace it since most of thier products carry a lifetime warranty.

AgentTikki 01-07-2012 03:48 PM

is that melted? o.O

mjkeat 01-07-2012 03:59 PM

That's awesome. Magpul will replace it, just call them.

cfraga1978 01-07-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 670044)
It would take a hard blow to do that, MOEs are tough as nails! The rifle didn't fall or something?

I'd start with Del-Ton, maybe the end cap is wrong and causing this? It originally fit the end cap ok? If they're no help I'm sure Magpul will replace it but you want to be sure the problem isn't elsewhere. .

No Didn't drop or fall. and everything looks good at the end plate.

Quote:

is that melted?
No its not melted the plastic is like almost fibrous where it broke

dragunovsks 01-07-2012 07:44 PM

Yeah it sounds like it was a defective part, it happens when parts are mass produced. Magpul has a great customer service department.

cfraga1978 01-16-2012 04:26 PM

Ok I emailed Del-ton first. And after hearing nothing for a few days I called Magpul. Magpul has awesome customer service. They shipped me out a new hand guard with no questions asked. It should be here tomorrow via fedex.

dragunovsks 01-16-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfraga1978
Ok I emailed Del-ton first. And after hearing nothing for a few days I called Magpul. Magpul has awesome customer service. They shipped me out a new hand guard with no questions asked. It should be here tomorrow via fedex.

Cool glad to hear it, theres only one thing that surpasses the quality of thier products and thats thier customer service department.

Gloves 01-16-2012 05:16 PM

It doesn't seem like it would fail during the shooting... Although, when
I was trying to remove the hand guard that came with my spike upper
(standard round one) there were tabs that snapped right off making
that part useless if I ever wanted to put it back on. The difference
between that plastic and the MOE Magpul was night and day. Magpul
felt like it was built 2 or 3 times as durable.

Good to hear they take care of their customers.