My Ladies

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > My Ladies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Default My Ladies

So I've been busy for a while and fell behind on my projects. As you may be aware I received my AR-10 just around the new year. Nothing new to report on her - still no scope (haven't done enough research), haven't decided if I want BUIS and have not found a place close by to shoot her at (southern NY sucks). Plus, I am thinking I want to change it out to a 20" barrell and MagPul stock. at that damn money tree, it won't bloom fast enough!

In the mean time I never got around to upating what I was doing with my other 2 ladies. So here goes,

For the STAG AR-15 Lower I ordered an A3 upper, tactical stock and a lower parts kit. Basically I am going to start out with a STAG Model 3 and go from there. I would like to set this one up for short - mid (100 - 300yds) range.

For the 2nd Ammendment Multi-Cal Lower I took Matts' advice and went .458. From Rock River I ordered an A4 upper, bolt and carrier group, charging handle with a Badger II latch and a NM 2 stage trigger to start. I am thinking/leaning towards short barrell but haven't researched it much. I haven't settled on the sights/scope, stock or the foreend either. Anybody got some suggestions? My plans for this one is to keep it strictly close quarters (up to 100yds).

I don't expect to see any of this stuff until May or June so I have some time to fine tune these SUR's. So what do you all think and feel free to make suggestions and/or correct me.

Thanks,

Darren

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here