My first build pics - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > My first build pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki

I dunno, seems a little counter intuitive to me. The further away a sight it, the harder it SHOULD be to find.

A little training/practice for getting a consistent check weld, like just going from low ready to ready, should alleviate any issues you have in finding the dot. This drill can be done in the comfort of you home, just don't freak out the wife and kids. Also remember when training to practice with both eyes open, focusing on the target. A lot of shooters have a hard time getting use to that, even some newer shooters. With a little practice you can find the dot in your peripheral vision and complete your sight picture in split seconds.

Thanks for the headsup on the insight, 200 lumens is just right imo. Where did you get it? I'm gonna have to pick one up for myself!!!!

egads, momentary only on the light....doesn't that kind of bother you?
Does it get really hot? I'm wondering why they chose to make it momentary only......
Thanks for the info! I will keep practicing for a consistent cheek weld. Lots of room for improvement!

I purchased it from here I believe
http://haleystrategic.com/store/inforce_wml_hsp.php

No the momentary only hasn't bothered me at all. That's what I was concerned about before I bought it along with the output of the light but I was pleasantly surprised by both! I think the most amazing thing is how much light you get from something so small and light weight. You can buy the non-HSP version from Inforce which has multifunction of momentary, constant on, and m/c strobe. They currently only make the multifunction one with 125 lumens though so be aware of that. There is also a lockout bar that can be quickly flipped over the switch or you can black out the light completely with a 1/4 turn of the bezel if you are worried about ADC. The ergonomics are so natural and the way I have it mounted I don't even have to move anything about my grip but my thumb.

Travis Haley redesigned the inforce light with the intended use being mostly for indoor use for things like clearing rooms or home defense and wanted a simplistic control interface so there would be no confusion with the controls when under stress. So that's why he chose to make it momentary only. The inforce light originally came out in multifunction. They sell a momentary version too but theirs is 125 lumens. Only the HSP version is 200.

Here are some vids on the HSP WML

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V78tH6aVpuM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jk8qdx8goCk

Last edited by LaiePoi; 04-08-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I"m thinkin you work for HSP or Insight. I just bought one. I was looking for a more elegant / lightweight solution than strapping my 18650 powered Cree torches to my carbine and pistol. 200 lumens should be good enough for indoor room to room work. I got a TRL1s and a X300 and didn't like either. Also strapping a 504b or Fenix TA21 to the front was a very heavy proposition. Thx!

Old 04-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #43

Quote:
I"m thinkin you work for HSP or Insight. I just bought one. I was looking for a more elegant / lightweight solution than strapping my 18650 powered Cree torches to my carbine and pistol. 200 lumens should be good enough for indoor room to room work. I got a TRL1s and a X300 and didn't like either. Also strapping a 504b or Fenix TA21 to the front was a very heavy proposition. Thx!
Lol no I definitely don't work for them or I woulda gave you a discount code or something hahahaha.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #44

Quote:
Not that I'm trying to sell you anymore products or anything but if you are ever in the market for pistol lights check out the inforce APL its a pretty slick design. I happen to have one myself!

Old 04-09-2013, 05:42 AM   #45

Liked 1027 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
... I got a TRL1s and a X300 and didn't like them ...
Curious why you don't like the TRL1s, Tikki. I have one that I'm swapping between two ARs and a Glock 23. I've been pretty happy with operation and output so was going to get another but haven't tried anything else. Indoor use only is expected but of course anything can happen. I doubt the ARs would be used outside but the Glock might be. I don't expect any defensive shot over 25 feet.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 04-09-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #46

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I don't like rotating the switches to actuate them and how far off the rail it sits. I like the TRL1s on my Glocks. Just not on my AR.

The X300 sits closer to the rail, but still has those rotating switches. This Insight looks promising. Also the beam on the X300 is a little tight for indoor use.

Last edited by AgentTikki; 04-09-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Quentin Likes This 
Old 04-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #47

Liked 1027 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 1028

Gotcha... I like the lever switch when the TRL1 is on the Glock but with a 12 o'clock mount on my AR the switch is reversed since the light is rotated 180 degrees.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #48

Been waiting for this bad boy for a while now, but its finally here! Noveske gen 2 Chainsaw will be going on my Noveske Afghan upper by tonight!

img_6826.jpg  
Old 05-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaiePoi View Post
Been waiting for this bad boy for a while now, but its finally here! Noveske gen 2 Chainsaw will be going on my Noveske Afghan upper by tonight!
Congrats that's a sweet lower going on great upper! One my favorites! Can't wait to see pics of it on the upper.

Not to hijack your thread but did you ever post pics of the stuff you had Cerakoted? How'd it turn out?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 05-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusEcho

Congrats that's a sweet lower going on great upper! One my favorites! Can't wait to see pics of it on the upper.

Not to hijack your thread but did you ever post pics of the stuff you had Cerakoted? How'd it turn out?
Thanks man ill try to get some pics up of the Noveske today. The finish on that lower is second to none. As for the cerakoted BCM it has been done for a while now and looks excellent but only reason I haven't posted pics is the guy I bought it from forgot to send the Mk1 modular rails when I bought it so I'm still waiting on those to get cerakoted and back to me so I can finish setting the rifle up how I want it. Just gotta add on the new surefire Mini scout 300b and the verticle grip then it will be finished. Probably gonna hold off on an optic for now but I went out and shot it last week I posted a crappy cell phone pic of the noveske and bcm next to each other in the AR pic thread but its kinda hard to see wasn't a close up or anything