My First AR- BCM and Steve at Adco are Awesome!!!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > My First AR- BCM and Steve at Adco are Awesome!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default My First AR- BCM and Steve at Adco are Awesome!!!

First, thanks to everyone on this forum for providing such helpful information and especially AgentTiki for his stickied AR Primer thread, I learned allot from that and it really helped my decide what AR would be best for me.

Now I can't say enough good things about BCM and Steve at Adco. I ordered my upper and parts from BCM at 10PM Tuesday night, the order was processed and shipped by noon the next day and at my door on Friday! BCM received my oder (paperwork/money order/FFL etc) for the lower on a Friday and sent me a confirmation email that it would take 3-5 weeks to ship the lower which I knew from the order form already. They actually shipped the lower in 4 business days! Both orders included hats, DVDs and all kinds of goodies!

I sent the upper to Steve at Adco (by recommendation from BCM) to have the FSB removed since I couldn't budge the tapper pins. Yes I tried all the tricks everyone has mentioned, and had the Brownells block which is a piece of sh*t because the surface is machined flat but the barrel and FSB have curved surfaces so it does not hold the barrel from twisting. Anyway Steve received my upper around 11:00AM on Friday, removed the FSB and shipped it back out an hour and half later. Same day service and on a Friday no less! I received the upper back in perfect condition as was sent to him only less the FSB. Steve will be getting all my work in the future as well as my recommendations to everyone. BTW BCM said they would have loosened the tapper pins if would have requested it in the order.

Anyway now to the good stuff-

BCM BFH 16" Mid-length
BCM BCG (FA)
Gunfighter Mod4 Chargning Handle
Daniel Defense low-pro gas block
Daniel Defense Superior Supression Device
Centurion C4 10" Rail
Troy Battle sights- Di-optic tritium
Optic- TBD, looking at Eotech or Aimpoint
BCM Lower
and yeah...Magpul threw up on her...and I love it!

No rounds through her yet but the quality of this rifle feels awesome already. Mag locks so smooth and crisp and drops just as nicely.

Some iphone pics for now, will take some better ones over the weekend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by ZeusEcho; 08-16-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2012, 02:11 AM   #2

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

Very nice rifle, can't say enough good about BCM!

I've never dealt with ADCO but always hear good things about them.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:24 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6028 Times on 3159 Posts
Likes Given: 432

thats pretty much how i feel about bcm. nothing but great things to say about em.

the heart of the precision AR15 im building is going to be the bolt carrier group they make

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Very nice rifle, can't say enough good about BCM!

I've never dealt with ADCO but always hear good things about them.
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
thats pretty much how i feel about bcm. nothing but great things to say about em.

the heart of the precision AR15 im building is going to be the bolt carrier group they make
I've been following your thread about the precision build, should be a sweet rifle!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 08-18-2012, 06:20 AM   #5

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Niiice rifle man, GRATZ!

How about some action shot with you and her at the range !!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks Tiki! I'm dying to get this thing to the range but at the moment I've got a house remodeling project that's taking my weekends

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ