My first AR-15 (pics included) - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > My first AR-15 (pics included)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 05:26 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
That does look like some kind of bullet button magazine release which makes the gun technically legal to have. Even with the evil features as Tango listed. Very cutting edge of the gray area guns. As long as the receiver is "off list" you can own it. I was not willing to take the chance of running into an LEO that is not as informed of the bullet button loop hole. I don’t want to be trying to explain to my boss why I have an assault weapons charge on my record.

And price wise I don’t think it is any great bargain. Like cane said build your own. This forum helped me with mine and I take a lot more pride in it for that reason.
Ha Ha yeah i had the same problem...so I carry around a penal code book with different pertinent passages marked off. Won't get me off the hook for sure but it's worth a shot ha ha.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 04-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #12

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves View Post
CA legal issue:
We'll see what the guys at the range say about it in a few hours i'll be there.

It does have a bullet button that can be tightened down and then will work as a regular button for when/if i travel out of state. (kind of a nice feature)

The forward grip i believe is completely illegal, but can be taken off with any hex-kit.

As for the scope, i'll probably take it w/o the scope. We'll see how my night at the range goes.

Thanks for the input thus-far! All of it is GOLD!

:::BTW:::
That pic of my shotty hanging next to my TV uses a Hercules Guitar Wall Hanger where the light can sit on it.
Example: Hercules Stands GSP38WB Guitar Wall Hanger | Full Compass

I would like to hang the AR (or another AR) the same way on the other side of my TV, but the guitar grip just won't work does anyone have a solution for that?
To me it looks like that thing is illegal as hell in CA.

Like all the other guys are saying that is not a $1200 gun to begin with. I got a RRA Predator Pursuit Rifle for less than that and it is a 100 times better gun.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #13

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
CA :::BTW:::
That pic of my shotty hanging next to my TV uses a Hercules Guitar Wall Hanger where the light can sit on it.
Example: Hercules Stands GSP38WB Guitar Wall Hanger | Full Compass

I would like to hang the AR (or another AR) the same way on the other side of my TV, but the guitar grip just won't work does anyone have a solution for that?
I don’t hang my guns up for display. I keep mine in a safe. And I keep fairly quiet about having guns. Word gets out to the wrong people that I have guns and I am liable to get them stolen.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 04-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #14

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

IIRC don't you have to have a gunsafe in CA to even purchase a gun. I was with my dad the last time he bought one and they asked him if he had a gun safe.

Like go said we don't hang them on the walls for the cranksters to have easy access to them. Doing that may make you liable for misuse if they are stolen. Because you didn't take the proper steps to secure them from wrongful use.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #15

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Not worried about liablity issues. Lot of weapons in the home for the perps to get hurt with

THE CONFIGURATION:

Upper:

Rock River Arms 16 Inch Carbine - YHM Diamond Rail with Rail Gas Block and muzzle brake

Lower:

Kaiser Defense Lower
Stag Parts Kit
Tactical Bolt Catch (i forget what brand)
Magpul MOE Pistol Grip
Magpul ACS Buttstock
Milspec buffer tube kit
Magpul 30rd PMAG w/ranger plate
CA Legal Bullet Button

Barrel:

Rock River Arms16'' chrome-lined barrel with1/8 twist, 5.56 chambered

Scope: NCSTAR MarkIII Tactical scope. I forgot the specs but its etched on the scope.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #16

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

The problem is not when you are home to defend yourself and your property. The problem is burglars when you're not home. And now the unarmed burglar is an armed robber because you left a shotgun hanging on the wall for him. And of course you’re unarmed walking in the door because in Calif we can't carry.

I'm sure not here to tell anyone else how to handle their home security. But for me it's not worth the risk to me, my loved ones, and the community in general, to leave my guns hanging on display.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 04-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
The problem is not when you are home to defend yourself and your property. The problem is burglars when you're not home. And now the unarmed burglar is an armed robber because you left a shotgun hanging on the wall for him. And of course you’re unarmed walking in the door because in Calif we can't carry.

I'm sure not here to tell anyone else how to handle their home security. But for me it's not worth the risk to me, my loved ones, and the community in general, to leave my guns hanging on display.
I have to agree about not leaving my rifle out on display. In fact, it stays locked up in it's case, and it's case stays well hidden when I'm not home. When I'm home, the case stays within sight of me at all times, where ever I'm at in the house. The habit of never letting my weapon out of my sight from the service days is still quite strong with me.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #18

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Reason for wall mounted shotty:
- no kids in the house. If there were, they would be in a safe.
- My wife is always home, the shotty is on the wall in the bedroom (last room in house) for her to use if she hears someone enter the house especally while i'm on business trips.
- It's located in an area you won't notice until leaving the room, not the first place the baddie would look and grab.
- If we aren't home and we get robbed, then i've lost the gun, and the 6 guitars hanging on display in the bedroom and livroom, computers and possibly TVs if they feel like lugging them.

Concusion: Safer to have it out than away. Gives my wife POM (#1 reason).

Old 04-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #19

Liked 134 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 245

??????????

Last edited by Mack Bolan; 04-22-2010 at 07:03 PM. Reason: double post?

Old 04-22-2010, 06:59 PM   #20

Liked 134 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 245

Quote:
Reason for wall mounted shotty:
- no kids in the house. If there were, they would be in a safe.
the kids or the shotty?... you said they.