Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   My DPMS (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/my-dpms-67889/)

Tenderribbs 07-08-2012 07:53 PM

My DPMS

1 Attachment(s)
I've had this rifle for a while now but have just now got it to where I'm gona leave it , I think!
I purchased the aimpoint reflex that is cowittnessed with my iron sights at academy sports.. I picked up the redfield scope at my local gun store . I orderd the billet aluminum foregrip from UTF and a pistol grip from magpull .The handguards are two piece Blackhawk from YhM. The laser is a walther pressure switch red laser. The flashlight is a sure fire. This is a pretty accurate gun even in my hands now I'm telling myself that I'm done with it , but you now how that goes.

Attachment 50993

Dillinger 07-08-2012 08:36 PM

Looks good man. Thanks for posting the pic and the write up. Did you purchase the rifle complete and then start doing additions? Or did you assemble a lower and buy an upper? Or what?

How about a Range Report? ;)

JD

broke-again124 07-08-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenderribbs
I've had this rifle for a while now but have just now got it to where I'm gona leave it , I think!
I purchased the aimpoint reflex that is cowittnessed with my iron sights at academy sports.. I picked up the redfield scope at my local gun store . I orderd the billet aluminum foregrip from UTF and a pistol grip from magpull .The handguards are two piece Blackhawk from YhM. The laser is a walther pressure switch red laser. The flashlight is a sure fire. This is a pretty accurate gun even in my hands now I'm telling myself that I'm done with it , but you now how that goes.

Can you even see the reflex in order to put it to use?. Seems like a ton of S in the way of it. But congrats overall.

okdonk 07-08-2012 10:09 PM

Too many things on top. But as long as u loving it that's all matters.

locutus 07-09-2012 12:55 AM

Just my taste, but I would have been "finished" with it as soon as I mounted the scope.

dog2000tj 07-09-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenderribbs (Post 863659)

Attachment 50993

Quote:

Originally Posted by broke-again124 (Post 863752)
Can you even see the reflex in order to put it to use?. Seems like a ton of S in the way of it. But congrats overall.

The answer to your question would be, yes ;)

Congrats on the SUR Tender, please follow up with a range report, the good, the bad and the ugly (no, not a picture of you, your targets ;) :p )

billt 07-09-2012 03:01 PM

Nice rifle. Yet another satistfied DPMS customer. My handguards are similar, but are from Midwest Industries.

Tenderribbs 07-09-2012 04:43 PM

Yep I bought her whole and then set het up the way I liked and yes you can see the reflex sight . The dot or one of the other options sits perfectly on top of my front site . If you haven't tried this try, it I think it really helps finding my front site, there's not alot of room under my scope to sse your iron sight so it males the front sight stand out. I'm going to shoot her this afternoon I'll post a range report.

W. C. Quantrill 07-09-2012 05:14 PM

Im running a scoped DPMS A-15 flat top, and I couldnt be more pleased with it. It rides beside the passenger seat of my field truck, clean on the inside, and filthy dirty on the outside, it has not failed to function. Periodically, it gets a bath and returned to its nest next to the console.

purehavoc 07-09-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billt (Post 864460)
Nice rifle. Yet another satistfied DPMS customer. My handguards are similar, but are from Midwest Industries.

Bill tell me about the oracle ? I found a new one for sale local and was interested because it comes with 4 mags and 400 rds of federal brass ammo for $700 that all I know I havent seen it yet . I was thinking about buying to keep the ammo and unloading the rest of it ?