My build update - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

My build update


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WoodysKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Louisville,Kentucky
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
What cleaning fluid do you use in yours JD? I have one that I "inherited" from my last job, but no cleaning fluid.
I have one that I have had for years and LOVE it. But I too would like to know what fluid you use. The concentrate stuff from Brownelles is not cheap.
WoodysKJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Man I'm so jealous, you guys are livin' large!

Me, I spread everything out on the coffee table and clean while watching TV.
Same here but its cross legged on the floor leaning against the recliner on top of some old towels.
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,VA
Posts: 1,078
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Got my Yankee barrel today, whoever it was that recommended me to these, well done. I cant wait to finish and shoot this thing finally!
cddbrowns is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
What cleaning fluid do you use in yours JD? I have one that I "inherited" from my last job, but no cleaning fluid.
The Crest system came with cleaner and lube, so I have used the "name brand" for about the last 3 years. I recently ran out of the cleaner and had to repurchase.

I went with CC-235 from Brownell's. While not cheap, I get a ton of uses out of it as I only have to put like 4-6 ounces in each time and I can put two whole pistols in the basket ( minus slides ) if I so choose.
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
Got my Yankee barrel today, whoever it was that recommended me to these, well done. I cant wait to finish and shoot this thing finally!
Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

JD
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IGETEVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tornado \"Just Blow Me\" Alley,Oklahoma U.S.A.
Posts: 8,424
Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

JD
My build update - AR-15 Discussion

AS



My build update - AR-15 Discussion
__________________
Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”
IGETEVEN is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:50 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ktmboyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Steep Falls,Maine
Posts: 1,211
Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Default

I saw you were looking for a barrel and fig i would toss YHM in, glad you were happy with it.. I love mine.. What did you go with for a comp/ flash hider ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
Got my Yankee barrel today, whoever it was that recommended me to these, well done. I cant wait to finish and shoot this thing finally!
ktmboyz is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:55 AM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
russ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Grand Junction,Colorado
Posts: 1,016
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
The Crest system came with cleaner and lube, so I have used the "name brand" for about the last 3 years. I recently ran out of the cleaner and had to repurchase.

I went with CC-235 from Brownell's. While not cheap, I get a ton of uses out of it as I only have to put like 4-6 ounces in each time and I can put two whole pistols in the basket ( minus slides ) if I so choose.
Thanks JD, I'll look into that. I used some cheapo stuff from Harbor Freight, it worked OK on general grime, but didn't do anything to carbon.
russ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,VA
Posts: 1,078
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmboyz View Post
I saw you were looking for a barrel and fig i would toss YHM in, glad you were happy with it.. I love mine.. What did you go with for a comp/ flash hider ?
I went with the Yankee Hill Machine Muzzle Brake Phantom 5C2 Aggressive 1/2"-28 Thread AR-15 Parkerized. Its on back order though.....(sigh)
cddbrowns is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:53 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ktmboyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Steep Falls,Maine
Posts: 1,211
Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Default

I think it was when I ordered also thats why I went with the 14.5 inch barrel with the pinned and welded 5c2 plus its a little bit shorter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
I went with the Yankee Hill Machine Muzzle Brake Phantom 5C2 Aggressive 1/2"-28 Thread AR-15 Parkerized. Its on back order though.....(sigh)
ktmboyz is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Various 9mm Update pumpkinball Semi-Auto Handguns 5 12-27-2010 08:02 PM
Update. Samples.32 The Club House 21 10-25-2010 10:11 PM
GSG-5 Update! JoshX3Magazine .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 5 06-12-2009 01:21 AM
to update or not jce97 AK & SKS Discussion 2 03-03-2009 12:59 PM
Gun Law Update opaww Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 01-08-2009 10:58 PM



Newest Threads