My build is on hold!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > My build is on hold!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default My build is on hold!

I have been looking for a complete upper receiver with BCG. Was going to use some Christmas money to finnish the build. Called local shops and no luck. Told me my best bet is a gun show! Anyone know where I can get one or do I have a paperweight?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

I would just suggest that you hold on to whatever you currently have and when all the fears subside you will be able to finish your build.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:28 AM   #3

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrock44
I would just suggest that you hold on to whatever you currently have and when all the fears subside you will be able to finish your build.
I agree. I have not bin paying attention to the prices. But I know they are way up. If you buy a upper now it would be like buying a compleat AR in a few months. I do wish I would have bought some lowers tho.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:34 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks for the replies!

Old 12-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #5
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 39 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrawick View Post
I have been looking for a complete upper receiver with BCG. Was going to use some Christmas money to finnish the build. Called local shops and no luck. Told me my best bet is a gun show! Anyone know where I can get one or do I have a paperweight?

Your best bet is to get on someone's list and get one reserved. I do not require a down-payment to be on my lists, so you are free to back out at any time without penalty. However, my reserve lists only applies to Noveske uppers, which may not be within everyone's budget. I submit orders to Noveske almost weekly...sometimes several times a week. I will be receiving about 20 uppers over the next few weeks, but just about all of them are allocated to the reserve lists. Bottomline...get on a list...whether it is one of mine or somewhere else...at least you will have one reserved.

ROG Tactical
Corona, CA
sales@rogtac.com

Visit www.rogtac.com for quality AR-platform parts and accessories.

Forum members use coupon code, FT5, to save 5% on most products.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 2 Posts

Mines on hold as well. Was going to wait until after Christmas to get my lpk and then get the upper. I'm in the market for lpk but can't find one. This sucks. So I would say I for now have a paperweight in the form of a lower receiver. I do have mags coming in next week but I need the lpk.