Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > My AR build update

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default My AR build update

So I have added a few parts since my last post so I thought I should post a few pics with the new parts added. The rifle is a BCM bfh 16" midlength lightweight with a vtac trx extreme 11" handguard. The lower is a BCM blemished lower (I still haven't found what they call the blemish) with a Vltor Imod stock. I have since added a Magpul ASAP sling plate with a Magpul MS3 sling. So far I like the sling. I havent had time to use it a lot but first uses are good. I am partial to single point slings and I like the ability to switch it to a 2 point sling if needed.
I also ordered an Aimpoint T-1 2 moa which I am beyond happy with. I ordered it from Larue Tactical with the LT 751 mount. It is an absolute co witness mount. I have only put about 100 rounds through it with the aimpoint but so far it is perfect. Much easier and faster than the iron sights. I have the Magpul MBUS for back up.
I have had the gun for about a month now and love it. I have about 400 rounds through it so far mostly being cheap steel with some brass mixed in. It has cycled everything flawlessly.
Hoping to get out on Friday to put a couple hundred more through it.
My next purchases will be the BCM Gunfighter grip whenever it is available and I am thinking about a vfg. Either the Tango Down Stubby grip or the Magpul AFG.

Name:  image-1721295918.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  32.0 KB

Name:  image-3682314431.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  32.8 KB

Name:  image-553199651.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  30.7 KB

Name:  image-4247150126.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  31.0 KB

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Very nice!!!

Old 04-03-2012, 02:03 AM   #3

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That's a very nice AR. How do you like the barrel?

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-03-2012, 02:12 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby
That's a very nice AR. How do you like the barrel?
It is really light and more accurate than me. I haven't done much bench shooting for accuracy yet buy I plan to on my next range trip. I will post some more pics after that. It heats up pretty quick but it also cools down quickly. I am really happy with it

Old 04-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #5

It was one of those I was examining as well. But it and the dissipator were both sold out, so I ordered the 16" middy set up from BCM.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

So the wife and I just went out to a range while visiting family and put another 300 rounds through. We started with a couple mags at 50 then moved out to a 300 yard steel plate 12" diameter. We both were able to hit it almost half the time even with all the gusting wind and just the aimpoint. We were just using 55 grain wolf ammo. I'm thinking on a calmer day with better accuracy ammo we would have been more successful but still quite happy. Right before we left we each did a couple mags on an 8" plate at 200 yards and I was able to get a few hits on a 4" plate at 200 yards. More than happy with the accuracy of my rifle. I don't do much long range accuracy shooting but this aimpoint works awesome. Very impressed with the wife's shooting considering she rarely shoots and hasn't shot in a couple years. She loved the long range challenge. Great day.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #7

Sounds good, Frosty. Glad you and Mrs. Frosty had a good day and got to do some long range popping of steel.