This is my 1st
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > This is my 1st

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 04:04 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rjgnwdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bristow, VA.,Virginia
Posts: 547
Liked 30 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default This is my 1st

this is my first Blackgun Bushmaster XM15 E2S M4 Carbine. I have shot my brother n Laws several times anyway I got it Saturday evening read the owners manual it said to clean my new gun before I shot it so I did and it was really easy but it hardly needed cleaning it wasn't over oiled or greased but it help me get to know it a little better. Next morning I take it to the range it's the NRA's range here in Fairfax and they just have an indoor and it's only 150 ft or 75 yard so I set up my target they have shooting rests and table and chair anywho I use the iron sights take 3 shots and they're slightly low of dead center but all 3 shot would fit in a 50 cent piece Sa-wheet! this is an excellent weapon should be a lot of fun.

__________________
rjgnwdc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 10-23-2009, 07:00 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
yesicarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 306
Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Lookin' Sweeeet Too..

Just got my Bushy 2 weeks ago. Your right. First cleaning was "almost" not needed. Like you say, not overgreased or excessive powder residue. Have to get a sitter for my daughter so it might be a week or two before firing.

Congrat's !

Now if I can figure out to post pics here, We can compare notes.

How are you breaking in the barrel ? Chrome lined.. Just curious..

__________________

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

yesicarry is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesicarry View Post
How are you breaking in the barrel ? Chrome lined.. Just curious..
A buddy of mine went with me when I first broke in mine and he insisted on the following break-in regimen:

Fire a round, clean the gun. Fire another round, clean the gun. Repeat for 10 rounds.

Fire three rounds, clean. Repeat for 30 rounds.

Fire ten rounds, clean. Repeat for 100 rounds.

It was a pain, and there are many who argue this is completely unnecessary, but it did no harm and the thing is dead-nuts accurate. It's a chrome barrel, btw.
__________________
bkt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jusselin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 379
Default

nice gun man, how much did that run you

__________________
Jusselin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FCross7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgnwdc View Post
this is my first Blackgun Bushmaster XM15 E2S M4 Carbine. I have shot my brother n Laws several times anyway I got it Saturday evening read the owners manual it said to clean my new gun before I shot it so I did and it was really easy but it hardly needed cleaning it wasn't over oiled or greased but it help me get to know it a little better. Next morning I take it to the range it's the NRA's range here in Fairfax and they just have an indoor and it's only 150 ft or 75 yard so I set up my target they have shooting rests and table and chair anywho I use the iron sights take 3 shots and they're slightly low of dead center but all 3 shot would fit in a 50 cent piece Sa-wheet! this is an excellent weapon should be a lot of fun.
Nice choice going with the flat top, I wish I had gotten a flat top when I got mine, it really gives you a lot of options when it comes to sights. After taking that 3 shot group, did you try to sight it in, if so, how did that go? Also, 150 ft is only 50 yards, not 75.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesicarry View Post
Just got my Bushy 2 weeks ago. Your right. First cleaning was "almost" not needed. Like you say, not overgreased or excessive powder residue. Have to get a sitter for my daughter so it might be a week or two before firing.

Congrat's !

Now if I can figure out to post pics here, We can compare notes.

How are you breaking in the barrel ? Chrome lined.. Just curious..
As far as breaking in the barrel, do what BKT said, you won't regret it. And as far and posting pictures, read this thread.

-Fred
__________________

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

FCross7 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fayettedave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 121
Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
A buddy of mine went with me when I first broke in mine and he insisted on the following break-in regimen:

Fire a round, clean the gun. Fire another round, clean the gun. Repeat for 10 rounds.

Fire three rounds, clean. Repeat for 30 rounds.

Fire ten rounds, clean. Repeat for 100 rounds.

It was a pain, and there are many who argue this is completely unnecessary, but it did no harm and the thing is dead-nuts accurate. It's a chrome barrel, btw.

Timely discussion as the new issue of American Rifleman has an article that addresses exactly this question. The author ultimately comes to the conclusion that with the current state of technology such a regimen is, indeed, unnecessary, and particularly so in the case of a chrome-lined barrel.
__________________
Fayettedave is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hillmillenia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: OKC,Oklahoma
Posts: 117
Default

I used to buy Bushmaster products back in the 80's when they were know as Quality Parts Co., They have come a long way and still make Quality Products. You have added a fine arm to your arsenal.

__________________
hillmillenia is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:09 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
yesicarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 306
Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Default

The only difference I see is barrel configuration,front sight and forearm stock. Yours is a fixed front sight, mine is the fold down model. And for some reason the model I got has 3 rails on the forearm stock for accessories.. Hmm..

100_0560.jpg  
__________________

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

yesicarry is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:13 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
yesicarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 306
Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Holy Moly ! It worked ! Thanks so much for the tips to post pictures.. Told the wife that she now has to wear a bikini holding the M4.. She kindly reminded me of where to store the new rifle.. OUCH...

__________________

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

yesicarry is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Don Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dallas / Forth Worth Area Texas
Posts: 415
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

I love the "Black Guns"

Here's my Colt AR-15 Law Enforcement Model LE6920




I enjoy shooting it.

__________________
Don Davis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes