Moved to Cali, help me! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Moved to Cali, help me!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I think others have already addressed the basic issues about owning AR-15's in California. Start with an off-list lower, and either build it without any of the so-called "evil features", or put a bullet button on it so you need to use a tool to drop your magazine.

*With apologies for linking to another firearms site* Calguns is a great source for all your California specific questions. Here is a link to their flowchart, which will help you navigate the complex regulations surrounding what you can and can't own with respect to so-called assault weapons.

Lifetime Member, Second Amendment Foundation

Old 03-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #22

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Thank you for your service sir, and my heartfelt condolences on your relocation to California.

Jack
What HE said. The best view of CAli I ever seen was in my rear view mirror. It's another shining example of the sacrifices our military personnel makes to ensure our safety.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by payne View Post
Heya Fellas,

Im in the coast guard, and just moved to San Diego from New Hampshire. I have allways been interested in owning a rifle, and my motivation to own has been accelerated by the regime change in washington. I would like to own an AR-15, and I plan on assembling my own (figure it's the best way to get to know my rifle). I would appreciate any advice you could give me... ie.

This is my first firearm, am i getting ahead of myself?

if not...

Is it possible to own an AR-15 in Cali?
Where should i start?
My Budget = $1200, what should i put the most money into?
Welcome, and its a shame that California is the way it is. Beautiful state for the most part, just liberal as all hell.......Either way, the others explained it pretty well, and good luck in your search.