Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   AR-15 Discussion (
-   -   Mounting front grip to free float tube (

slog 10-02-2012 03:48 PM

Mounting front grip to free float tube
I'd like to find a free-float tubular forend for an AR. I don't really like the appearance of rails or have need for them (well not exactly). The only accessories I'd use are a bipod and a front grip. Any way to attach these to a tubular forend without rails?

SSGN_Doc 10-02-2012 04:18 PM

Not really. But there are good modular tubes out ther that allow you to put short sections of rail only where you want them and leave the rest smooth. Troy, MI, and YHM are just a few off the top of my head who offer modular or customizable handguard for ARs

SSGN_Doc 10-02-2012 04:20 PM

Also. I suppose you could get rail sections and drill and tap a handguard to put a rail section where you want it.

LongBaller71 10-02-2012 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I can't think of a good way to add one without drilling & tapping some kind of mounting holes to a guard without them.

The modular guard like the MI on mine is a much better option IMHO. You can add very small rail sections in multiple locations; giving you the mounting options you need without the added eyesore of long rails.

Attachment 61969

Olympus 10-02-2012 05:27 PM

The Magpup makes a vertical grip that mounts specifically to their MOE handguard without the use of a rail. Or you can get a handguard that is smooth except for the first two inches which has rails. This this gives you a small section of rails while leaving the majority of the handguard smooth and tubular.

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:25 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.