Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Mossie Midnight Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 05:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 690

Default Mossie Midnight Mount

Can't remember if anyone has done a review on the Mossie Midnight Mount (recently acquired by BattleComp) so thought I'd do a quick one since it's a great light mount for a KISS rifle. It is an ingenious solution to get a solid 12 o'clock mount/light installed on your AR with little fuss or muss if you have a fixed FSB. I'm pleased how well this works since many light solutions are for rails, not plain handguards. The mount itself only weighs a little over an ounce and is solid. It's not going to come loose any time soon. Most of the time I don't use a light but it's nice to be able to clip one on if you need it, plus the mount itself has little weight penalty.

BCM has the MMM for $75 so I recently bought two with the Universal/Glock mount (model MT2400FSB) to install on my BCM and DD. There is a model with a Picatinny rail but I chose the Glock mount since I already have a TLR-1s light on my G23 and wanted to be compatible plus be able to swap a light from pistol to rifle in seconds. And it does just that!

I'm thinking of picking up another TLR-1s which is a good 160 lumen light for around $100 from Botach, a sponser here. I like how well the switch works on both the pistol and rifle, it's well thought out for continuous or momentary use. The strobe feature is a little tricky to get to work every time but no doubt it would confuse an intruder.

Below is a link to a review and then pictures of the mount and TLR-1s on my two ARs and the light itself on the Glock 23.

http://boloreport.com/mossie-midnight-mount-some-other-advantages

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 08-11-2012 at 05:55 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Thank you for the review. I didn't know of this option.