More about .223 & 5.56 than you ever thought to ask.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > More about .223 & 5.56 than you ever thought to ask.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Default More about .223 & 5.56 than you ever thought to ask.

In my wandering around the web seeking enlightenment toward a good balance between ammunition, rifle & marksperson (of which only the first two are variable, I’m stuck with the third I’m afraid) I stumbled across the;

‘History and Basic Design of the .223 and 5.56 ammunition’.

It is a lightly written, very through, 53 page pdf download about more than you every thought to ask:

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/AmmoOracle_061808.pdf

It goes into purpose, choices, barrels, effects, legal and other issues. It might take a short while to down load. If you just want to bookmark the website, here is the link to the first page:

http://ammo.ar15.com/ammo/project/hist_hist.html

There are different ‘Chapters’ listed on the left side column.

It is very well done and credit should go to Troy Tiscareno, Tatjana von E & Derek F.

I’m posting it here instead of ‘Ammunition’ because it refers mostly to use in AR 15s.

Maybe it should be stickied?

Last edited by Vincine; 11-22-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here