Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > MOE butt stock or UBR butt stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 04:50 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Come on guys, give him a little slack. I have the MOE and i really like it, it works well for what i use my rifle for. I think that the UBR is a slick looking stock and i like the battery compartment that it has. I was thinking about switching to the UBR so i asked mike about it because he has one,after he told me about the weight i decided to stay with the MOE because i like my rifle to be as light as possible. I have become interested in the newer STR stock and may get one in the near future.

If you dont mind the added weight consider the UBR, if you want to keep the weight down on your rifle,get the MOE

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 06-19-2012, 05:00 AM   #12

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

The UBR is great for balance on a front heavy rifle, or SBR. Like a 12" with a suppressor. Overall weight is important, but so is balance and counter-balance.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:54 AM   #13

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Come on guys, give him a little slack. I have the MOE and i really like it, it works well for what i use my rifle for. I think that the UBR is a slick looking stock and i like the battery compartment that it has. I was thinking about switching to the UBR so i asked mike about it because he has one,after he told me about the weight i decided to stay with the MOE because i like my rifle to be as light as possible. I have become interested in the newer STR stock and may get one in the near future.

If you dont mind the added weight consider the UBR, if you want to keep the weight down on your rifle,get the MOE
What did you mention that wasn't already mentioned? JonM answered his question. It happens all to often that someone answers an OPs question yet is ignored then the thread goes on and on turning into a mess.

Nobody was jerking the kid around or insulting him. If he has a problem so be it. We are excepting of all.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:14 AM   #14

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK

What did you mention that wasn't already mentioned? JonM answered his question. It happens all to often that someone answers an OPs question yet is ignored then the thread goes on and on turning into a mess.

Nobody was jerking the kid around or insulting him. If he has a problem so be it. We are excepting of all.
Maybe he needs a little re-enforcement from someone else that has experience with one of the stocks. I am fully aware that jonm answered the question, i dont need you calling me out and reminding me. I gave my 2 cents and it shouldnt matter if i shadowed some of wat jon said.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 06-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 202 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Comparing MOE and UBR.. just like comparing the lowest with one of the highest end Magpul's. Should be CTR at least rather than MOE.
Anyway i recommend at least CTR, as it has the friction lock thingy. Or the STR for a wider chubby cheek rest.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

Maybe he needs a little re-enforcement from someone else that has experience with one of the stocks. I am fully aware that jonm answered the question, i dont need you calling me out and reminding me. I gave my 2 cents and it shouldnt matter if i shadowed some of wat jon said.
I wasn't calling anyone out. You made it seem as if we were insulting the guy. We weren't. A disability is something he can't help.

The reinforcement is in the "like" system
below everyone's avatar.

Last edited by MikeJK; 06-19-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thank you for ur support mike

Old 06-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhellwolf
Thank you for ur support mike
I couldn't begin to tell you how many confrontations I've been involved in over people talking down on individuals w/ disabilities.

My favorite was back in high school. This wannabe gangster was pushing around this harmless kid. He backed off when I pushed him into a glass door. Two months latter he was arrested when he locked his keys in his trunk while putting the gun he just used to shoot up the school w/ back in it.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wow will I was that kid every one made fun of but I had a passion for build custom stuff like guns will it's just hard to pick stuff out for my AR

Old 06-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #20

Liked 1116 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

I just picked up a ACS-L but havent had time to get it out and try it yet .