Are the moderators deleting threads?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Are the moderators deleting threads?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 91 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Are the moderators deleting threads?

There was a thread in here last night entitled, "AR-15 Battle Rifle...Why". I responded to it as GaMatt72. Now the thread is gone. I'm sure the guy was a troll, but it would have been a lively thread. Where did it go?

EDUB

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Thomas Jefferson

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-27-2012, 01:51 AM   #2

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

6a00d8341c652b53ef015391c79429970b-800wi.jpg  

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 07-27-2012, 02:03 AM   #3

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW1066 View Post
There was a thread in here last night entitled, "AR-15 Battle Rifle...Why". I responded to it as GaMatt72. Now the thread is gone. I'm sure the guy was a troll, but it would have been a lively thread. Where did it go?

EDUB
If the guy was a troll and got himself zotted his thread goes as well, I believe.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-27-2012, 02:05 AM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
If the guy was a troll and got himself zotted his thread goes as well, I believe.
The mods can not delete existing threads. They can lock a thread, but only the admin can totally wipe an existing thread from existence. So no, Mods are not "deleting" threads.

If a new member turns out to be a troll, and is banned because it's obvious here is here for that purpose, his thread(s) is/are deleted along with his account to save forum space for meaningful posts and threads.

JD

Old 07-27-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8862 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Sometimes we DO lock threads. Usually for violation of house rules- or bad breath and trollish manners. I did not make that one go POOF! but one of my cohorts may have.

House rules? Want to be selling a product, contact admin about vendor status. Do not be flacking products or services to the folks here if you are not a vendor. Got a single item for sale? Classifieds.

Political topics are reserved for supporting members. We are a GUN forum, politics is an also thing. Want to post there- become a supporting member. I did pull one post that had gone political- started by nonsupporting member, and a dozen other non-supporting members had made political posts thereon. Frankly, we are all volunteers- if I have a choice between cleaning guns, playing with the baby's Momma, or trying to go thru and clean out 30 posts that folks have been TOLD not to make- and I have this ONE button that says DELETE......

troll-spray.jpg

Sometimes we DO have to spray for trolls. Folks that decide they can cuss, deride, call names, stir up crap, and generally act like an asshat. We will delete threads that have gone off the rails, and if they deserve it, we remove the trolls too. We do not have to do that often (except for one damned spammer from China) and it is usually after 2 or 3 members have already let us know there is a troll in the house.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:26 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 216 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I read that thread. I was about to comment but was too sleepy last night. Lol

Old 07-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #7

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Who are the moderators ? I'm guessing canebrake is one? And mabey JonM

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Last edited by gearhead396; 07-27-2012 at 02:33 AM.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:52 AM   #8

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I was looking for that thread earlier.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:53 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5675 Times on 2963 Posts
Likes Given: 375

i deleted the thread because it was just inflamatory with no redeeming value. it was intended to start a fight. the thread is still in the ar15 subforum prolly on page two or three by now. you can only view the title with it in delete status

oh and btw multiple accounts is a no-go

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

vincent Likes This 
Old 07-27-2012, 03:04 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8862 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

And if you look under our name, instead of Member, Sr member, Supporting member (salt of the Earth) it says Moderator.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.