Midwest Industries new products

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Midwest Industries new products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2014, 02:56 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5671 Times on 2962 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Default Midwest Industries new products

I dropped by MI over in waukesha to find a handguard for my bcm carbine. going to shave some weight.

picked up a gasblock a bcm mod0 comp and a 15" lightweight keymod. got home realized i didnt have an armorer block for proper removal of the fsb. so next morning i pop back over there to get one and troy, the owner of MI, comes out of the back to say hi and show me his new scar17 creation and boy is it a beauty. a new keymod extension that ditches all the picatinny rails sides and bottom. it reduces the weight and width of the rifle. the sample i got to see was poly prototype and a mlok version is in the works.

i explained what i was doing and he asked if i wanted to see something cool... i said of course. he calls one of his guys and out he comes with a super light weight keymod handguard with the top rail missing and replaced with keymod slots with a small picatinny section at the front for a sight and one at the rear for bridging optics if necessary.

i thought MI free float tubes were stupid lightweight to begin with but it felt feather light like it didnt exist. so i asked if i could return the one i got the day before and wait till the new 15" super light was out. he said of course. so i picked up a gen 1 fftube and gas block for my 458 socom.

i will be getting this new tube for my bcm in 15". this will give me an iron sight radius of a rifle length a long tube for getting a rest on any support i come across.

unfortunately no pics of either but i got permission to yak about these. i will have pics of the scar rail soon and pics of the super light key mod soon.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-14-2014, 06:54 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 216 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Something like these?

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2014/06/12/alg-defense-emr-m-lok/

http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/slr-rifleworks-solo-series-hand-guard-3gun-15-mlok.html

Old 06-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5671 Times on 2962 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Similar to the slr but less rail on the top front nothing like the alg.

The keymod mi is slimmer in diameter.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...