Midwest Industries and the FN Scar17S - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Midwest Industries and the FN Scar17S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5800 Times on 3028 Posts
Likes Given: 397

If its not actual vaporware and shows up it would be a great backup. But the cost of just the lower sans lpk is more than buying 6 factory scar17 mags...

The factory mags are hard to get atm because of demand. Its a moot point though because neither that trigger pack or factory mags are readily had heh.

It is something im interested in just to get away from the plastic.

Another interesting item is vltor makes a ar15 endplate that replaces the folding scar stock so you can use any ar15 carbine stock out there. The folding aspect is more gimmick to me than useful. Shooting it folded up defeats the purpose of a rifle. Ive never honestly said "damn i wish my m16 or ar15 stock would fold..."

But im going to spend some quality time wringing it out first before i do any mods.

I will admit i was wrong about removable barrel being useless. It makes it SUPER SUPER easy to clean the reciever and locking lugs!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 11-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #12

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I think the folding stock is useful when storing it it or when riding in a vehicle with it. Hell even putting it a range bag would make it worthwhile, but I totally agree with you on shooting with it folded. Too Hollywood, not practical. I have yet to shoot a Scar 17, and have only heard how nice it absorbs the recoil, and heard reports that it is very accurate. I eagerly await your range report(s).

/subscribed.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5800 Times on 3028 Posts
Likes Given: 397

It breaks down easy into 3 main components for storage in a small space. Ill give it that. With the stock folded though its very unwieldy and totally clumsy. With it folded out it balances very well unlike its scar16 cousin.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...