Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Mid-length or Carbine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 333 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
You'll never see any of the pros of a piston system as a civilian and get stuck w/ the cons unless you get ahold of a select fire version.
I DID.

I took my piston for a swim..... (in a creek)
I took my piston for a bath......(mud in a creek bed)
I took my piston to the sand box....(hey Cali)

Oh i dropped it and covered it with sand. Well Cali's a desert so sand is EVERYWHERE. And GUESS WHAT?! It ran through a couple mags like a champ.

But then I though to myself....wait a sec. This AR is not the unreliable pos all the ak guys are saying it is! It runs like a champ! BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! I took my Spikes 16" DI and took if for a swim, a mud bath, and to the sand box. and GUESS WHAT. It ran like a champ. SO I sold my piston and built another DI LW. To be honest, I didn't run more than a couple mags, with water and mud and sand flying everywhere, it wasn't enjoyable to shoot a filty gun (ya I'm a priss).

Honestly the only time I miss my piston is when I'm cleaning my guns. I loved my piston at the end of the day. (ya I tend to get lazy when its Miller time)