MIAD grip on Bushy .308...A mixed bag.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

MIAD grip on Bushy .308...A mixed bag.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 115 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Default MIAD grip on Bushy .308...A mixed bag.

I've had the wedge for months finally got the MIAD and installed it. First either the grip has changed or the wedge has because there was no way to insert it as purchased. The grip had two ribs across it just like the wedge and in the same location so it was like having two tab As and no slot B. I tried the simple way first, just put the grip on, it looked bad and did not support the takedown pin spring. So I took the B3 strap that was my least favorite and cut out everything that kept the wedge from fitting being careful not to go too far. With the wedge snug in the grip and the grip assembled it looks fine and supports the spring. To my surprise I really like the B3 strap so it will stay. The final issue was the neat little grip core with the oil bottle. It doesn't really lock in the MIAD, won't seat at all in the +? (the rubber one) but snapped right in the MOE. I have no other inserts so I can pick up another and try it later. Thinking maybe they are having Q.C. troubles that go with a boom so I may kinda slow down on buying gadgets for a bit. Very pleased with the feel and the tight fit the wedge creats but if someone expects a drop in they may want to think twice on the MIAD.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-09-2014, 03:12 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6791 Times on 3610 Posts
Likes Given: 506

There is no spec for 308 ar10 type rifles. Its not the fault of the grip but the lower itself. Ar15 grips may or may not fit an ar10 and seldom will fit without effort with some file work.

I have the same difficulties with my scar17 and certain grips.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 02-09-2014, 03:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
There is no spec for 308 ar10 type rifles. Its not the fault of the grip but the lower itself. Ar15 grips may or may not fit an ar10 and seldom will fit without effort with some file work.

I have the same difficulties with my scar17 and certain grips.
Receiver specs or lack of them had nothing to do with the wedge not remotely fitting the grip it was supposed to be made for, or the grip core that wouldn't snap in. The MIAD I got had two ribs across the supplied beavertails right where the wedge installed. The grip came with no instructions but the wedge did and even had a picture, it just isn't workable without Dr. Dremel.

I couldn't leave this alone so looked for an answer. MagPul lists two different grips and they are caliber specific, Brownells lists one and says it is discontinued by the factory. I bet they sent me the 5.56 grip to go with my wedge. Also guessing the grip isn't discontinued, just the 1st generation.

Last edited by p35bhp55; 02-09-2014 at 03:42 AM.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:50 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by p35bhp55 View Post
Receiver specs or lack of them had nothing to do with the wedge not remotely fitting the grip it was supposed to be made for, or the grip core that wouldn't snap in. The MIAD I got had two ribs across the supplied beavertails right where the wedge installed. The grip came with no instructions but the wedge did and even had a picture, it just isn't workable without Dr. Dremel.

I couldn't leave this alone so looked for an answer. MagPul lists two different grips and they are caliber specific, Brownells lists one and says it is discontinued by the factory. I bet they sent me the 5.56 grip to go with my wedge. Also guessing the grip isn't discontinued, just the 1st generation.
Ahhh I understand now what your saying.

Try emailing magpul, they got a good rep for fixing issues
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Ahhh I understand now what your saying.

Try emailing magpul, they got a good rep for fixing issues
My only remaining issue is the core and I just put it in another grip. I'm kinda screwed as far as CS since I modded the grip, and now I like it and it's tight as can be so it's a keeper anyway. Now that I'm back at work the quad rail and covers are next and my Bushy is done......I think

Old 02-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Cores are sold individually for the miad.