mI ss7in one piece FF handguard question?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > mI ss7in one piece FF handguard question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Default mI ss7in one piece FF handguard question?

I'm turning my DPMS into a flat top and also replacing the handguards with a free float Midwest industries 7in ss handguards . Will I need another barrel nut? Right now I just have the plastic two piece guards on there. will I have to cut the delta ring and the spring with a dremell? I know I have to remove FSB . Thanks in advance

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1221 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderribbs View Post
I'm turning my DPMS into a flat top and also replacing the handguards with a free float Midwest industries 7in ss handguards . Will I need another barrel nut? Right now I just have the plastic two piece guards on there. will I have to cut the delta ring and the spring with a dremell? I know I have to remove FSB . Thanks in advance
Most FF handguards are sold with the barrel nut included, if it is required. YHM, Hogue, include the barrel nut required for their hanguards. Based on the website info., MI includes the barrel nut with their handguard.

So you will need a torque wrench to install the barrel nut.

You will not need to cut the delta ring, it will come off when you remove the standard barrel nut, which is best done with an armorer's tool.

Last edited by Gatoragn; 10-28-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:10 AM   #3

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Thanks for the info I watched a video on u tube And the guy cut the delta ring off for some reason

Old 10-30-2012, 01:04 AM   #4

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

The MI SS gen2, mounts to a standard barrel nut. And just in case you don't have one, ships with a standard barrel nut.

The delta ring must be removed, kuz kuz kuz...um. its in the way and its not needed anymore and if you wanted to save it, its a pain to remove.