Melonite vs. Chrome lining? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Melonite vs. Chrome lining?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

maybe these guys know a bit more about it. -http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/?s=melonite+coated+barrels&submit=Search

Agenttikki Guess you will have to look it up to read it. It ain't new, and used by more than most realize. Just new to people that don't look out side the box.

Moly ,and R5 barrels 2 and 3 grove barrel where witchs brew too, once.

Last edited by hardluk1; 03-15-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5672 Times on 2962 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Chrome.

The military continuously tests new products, and they're still using chrome.
That doesnt mean its superior it just means it is cost effective for them to do so.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #13

jonm Or like so many times it all they care to deal with.

locutus The military is still fly'n 50 year old aircraft and rifles that many would like to see replaced along with the 9mm sidearm.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #14

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
maybe these guys know a bit more about it. -http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/?s=melonite+coated+barrels&submit=Search

Agenttikki Guess you will have to look it up to read it. It ain't new, and used by more than most realize. Just new to people that don't look out side the box.

Moly ,and R5 barrels 2 and 3 grove barrel where witchs brew too, once.

Glock first started making pistols with thatTennfier FNC finish in what...1988? I'm sure FNC is even older than that.

I haven't seen any in-depth or even casual torture testing on FNC rifles. Admittedly, I haven't been looking. I'd be curious as to how long the finish lasts when compared to chrome slow fire, and sustained rapid fire, and how it holds up to heat stress tests will the surface crack under hot n heavy sustained fire. Do you have any sources addressing these issues?

Last edited by AgentTikki; 03-15-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5720 Times on 3234 Posts
Likes Given: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
jonm Or like so many times it all they care to deal with.

locutus The military is still fly'n 50 year old aircraft and rifles that many would like to see replaced along with the 9mm sidearm.
The people who actually use the rifles and 9MM sidearms are pretty well satisfied with them.

I know a lot of Jeff Cooper type dinosaurs would like to go back to ancient weapons and calibers, but they're a small minority.

Winston Churchill

Old 03-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #16

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
The people who actually use the rifles and 9MM sidearms are pretty well satisfied with them.

I know a lot of Jeff Cooper type dinosaurs would like to go back to ancient weapons and calibers, but they're a small minority.

A lot of "Jeff Cooper dinosaurs" know more than you give them credit for. Stupid thing for you to say, show some respect. Nothing wrong with using today's polymer and still mixing in the 1911.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
A lot of "Jeff Cooper dinosaurs" know more than you give them credit for. Stupid thing for you to say, show some respect. Nothing wrong with using today's polymer and still mixing in the 1911.
Quentin,

Nothing wrong with the 1911. I've owned half dozen or so. Still have one. A Clark built bullesye target gun.

But there's no way in hell I'll ever show any respect for Jeffie Cooper, because I don't have any. IMHO, the man wasn't just a dinosaur, but a racist, sexist and arrogant bigot as well.

Winston Churchill

Old 03-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #18

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Quentin,

Nothing wrong with the 1911. I've owned half dozen or so. Still have one. A Clark built bullesye target gun.

But there's no way in hell I'll ever show any respect for Jeffie Cooper, because I don't have any. IMHO, the man wasn't just a dinosaur, but a racist, sexist and arrogant bigot as well.
Well, your comment pretty much reads like 'anyone who gets the senior citizen discount, or is close to it, is a POS and not worth heeding in any way, shape, or foirm'.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 03-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #19

agenttikki I guess if you want more info you could hunt it up too.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Well, your comment pretty much reads like 'anyone who gets the senior citizen discount, or is close to it, is a POS and not worth heeding in any way, shape, or foirm'.
One nice thing about the First Amendment Ben, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.
And BTW, I do get the senior discount. I'm 68 years old.

Winston Churchill