Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Maxx Tactical/Falcon Tactical in NC 11 AR's bought with NSF Check

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 387 Times on 280 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default Maxx Tactical/Falcon Tactical in NC 11 AR's bought with NSF Check

I am privy to some interesting Crime alerts with my job and this one popped up just a lil while ago and I thought it would be pertinent to share here. Mods unsure if I posted in the correct place but since the rifles were AR's I thought this the best place. This is not sensitive material so thats one reason I shared if anyone has any contact with these people please report it to the listed Detective.

Alert Text
The Falcon Sportsman AKA Maxx Tactical purchased 11 AR rifles from Barnes Precision Machine, a high end manufacturer in my jurisdiction. The check in the amount of $10,840.00 was written on 30 July 2013. It was returned NSF. Ted and Mary Malone are the owners of the business and have ignored all attempts to contact them. Their bank is Academy Bank which does not have a presence in NC. I am looking for any account information which will show whether or not there were funds in the account when the check was written. I would also like to hear about any other investigations concerning this FFL.
Contact
Det. Michael Copeland
mike.copeland@chathamsheriff.com
Chatham County Sheriff's Office
Work: (919) 542-2911
Cell: (919) 548-2577

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2014, 10:40 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4485 Times on 2366 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Prolly time to get the fbi involved. Using a ffl to commit fraud and stealing guns... sounds federalish to me

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...