Maximum effective range of a Stag 1L?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Maximum effective range of a Stag 1L?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 11:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Default Maximum effective range of a Stag 1L?

How many yards would you say a Stag 1L 16" 1/9 twist milspec rifle could keep 55gr PMC X-Tac on paper? I've searched a lot of forums, but I guess my Google Fu needs work & I'm constantly seeing posts comparing it to the 1/7 twist.

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-16-2014, 12:00 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6663 Times on 3545 Posts
Likes Given: 498

no way to answer this as pmc ammo is about as inconsistant as it gets. a blind guy pouring powder by hand has more consistant charge weights than pmc does...

using a better brand of 55grain that is consistant like hornady or winchester that rifle should be able to at least hit 18"x18" targets at 600yds if the shooter is decent and knows his stuff

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 05-16-2014 at 12:05 AM.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:02 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 760 Times on 431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
no way to answer this as pmc ammo is about as inconsistant as it gets. a blind guy pouring powder by hand has more consistant charge weights than pmc does...

What about Tula or Wolf. They have the metric system in Russia.

Last edited by JonM; 05-16-2014 at 12:07 AM. Reason: edited instead of replied *sigh*

Old 05-16-2014, 12:07 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6663 Times on 3545 Posts
Likes Given: 498

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopowerbmx View Post
What about Tula or Wolf. They have the metric system in Russia.
not sure what metrics have to do with it. but ive found tula and wolf to be combat accurate and fairly consistant. its not match grade but i would take it over pmc any day of the week if your gun will run steel cased
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 05-16-2014, 12:27 AM   #5

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Much obliged. Any experience with Independence brand?

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Last edited by Scratchammo; 05-16-2014 at 03:02 AM.