matech buis opinions
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

matech buis opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 03:24 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Default matech buis opinions

i love using iron sights and always looking for something new. anyone got any opinions or experience with the matech buis??

looking to get one as it looks interesting.

matech buis opinions - AR-15 Discussion
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-20-2012, 04:22 AM   #2

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I just read in American Rifleman that this is the site on the new Colt LE 6920 SOCOM.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:29 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1238 Times on 860 Posts
Likes Given: 1282

I like the Matech, it's nice to have range adjustment in a folding rear sight. They're pretty tough too. Right now there are a lot of lightly used military pull offs for sale on eBay. I got one for $35 with free shipping. No real complaints but I'm standardizing on the MBUS Gen II now.

Botach has them new for $70.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 06-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #4

Liked 1153 Times on 749 Posts
Likes Given: 2043

I recently saw several for sale from one person on another site . $50 each shipped new , I think he had like 30 of them or something like that

Old 06-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Im going to get a new one. Just wondering on matech quality. They do supply to the military but that doesnt mean much as berreta supplies to them also...

My concern is it a quality sight and doesthe range adjuster work.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 06-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #6

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Ive never really heard a bad thing about them. Never used one but know a few guys that do and are happy.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:02 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I dug my Matech out today to try it again. Darn if I didn't break the hex screw that clamps it on the rail! Did a little googling and that screw is the weak point of the sight. I'm going to look for a similar screw at the hardware stores tomorrow. 'Course we all know how that always works out.

Looking at it again, I don't know why I didn't use this sight more. It really has a lot going for it, very light and the sight itself is strong. You just have to watch out for the clamping screw. I like the 25-600 meter ranging, not that I'd ever need it but I like it! Another nice thing is even with the sight up it doesn't block your field of view as much as just about ANY other BUIS out there. And the weight is only 3.4 oz, lighter than just about anything but the MBUS.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:08 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Im going to get a new one. Just wondering on matech quality. They do supply to the military but that doesnt mean much as berreta supplies to them also...

My concern is it a quality sight and doesthe range adjuster work.
I've been googling the Matech tonight and all reports are that the ranger does work well. Here's a couple good links on that:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/456178_MATECH_sight_adjustment___6940_manual_instr uctions.html

http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/Matech-BUIS-t68387.html zero Matech

Old 06-26-2012, 06:12 AM   #9

Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I dug my Matech out today to try it again. Darn if I didn't break the hex screw that clamps it on the rail! Did a little googling and that screw is the weak point of the sight. I'm going to look for a similar screw at the hardware stores tomorrow. 'Course we all know how that always works out.

Looking at it again, I don't know why I didn't use this sight more. It really has a lot going for it, very light and the sight itself is strong. You just have to watch out for the clamping screw. I like the 25-600 meter ranging, not that I'd ever need it but I like it! Another nice thing is even with the sight up it doesn't block your field of view as much as just about ANY other BUIS out there. And the weight is only 3.4 oz, lighter than just about anything but the MBUS.

Battle Arms Development makes a Matech Bracket and Screw replacement.

http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/badbsm.php

matech buis opinions - AR-15 Discussion

Visit www.rogtac.com for quality AR-platform parts and accessories.

Forum members use coupon code, FT5, to save 5% on most products.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:23 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks, X, I did find that earlier. I may have to do that, if nothing in the hardware store looks good. Will have to see if they sell just the hex bolt since my mounting bracket looks fine. I think Matech beefed up the bracket and peephole in newer models which I think mine is.