Manufacturer purchase?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Manufacturer purchase?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Manufacturer purchase?

If I have my ffl purchase from a certain manufacturer which is on back order and the ban goes into effect what happens?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrapnel84
If I have my ffl purchase from a certain manufacturer which is on back order and the ban goes into effect what happens?
A federal weapons ban seems unlikely. Based on the NY example, state actions appear capable of doing more damage. (This is guesswork, in case that wasn't obvious.)

Regardless, I think the answer to your question lies in the effective date of whatever legislation may be passed. If the worst happens, I doubt the gubment is going to care about your back order. How far out is delivery?

Old 02-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #3

Liked 1067 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1063

What happens? Who knows now.

Are you in a ban state?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:19 AM   #4

Nope not in a ban state I'm in pa. Have not purchased yet and not really about to pay 2g's or more off gunbroker or anywhere else when I could buy from manufacturer for hell of a lot cheaper. My main thing was if the ban goes into effect and I have a purchase on back order what's happens will I still receive my gas gun or what the deal was. Thanks guys think I might just go about it that way. Unless someone else has other ideas

Last edited by shrapnel84; 02-19-2013 at 03:22 AM.