mags - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > mags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2011, 11:10 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Here's a better look at the steel locking tab.

This gives you a better look at the texture of the magazine. Its aggressive enough without going overboard. When my hands get wet or sweaty, I sometimes have a problem with PMags slipping. It's not an issue with these mags.

A pic of the bottom. You can see that they have put in a drainage hole for those of you in wet environments. Just so everyone knows, they recommend putting a piece of electrical tape on the inside covering the hole if you live in a sandy environment. I live in Florida, parts of which are pretty sandy, and have had no issues. If you live in the desert, that might be a different story.

Overall, I have been very pleased with the one that I bought, and it has become my mag of choice. I will be selling the PMags and the Troy BattleMag that I bought, and buying another 19 or so of the L5 AWMs. At this point, they don't have any with windows, but they have models that are translucent. I believe they can be had in brown or smoke, but they are a little more costly. Somewhere around $28 ish IIRC.

I got mine from Midway USA for $15.25 each. Not quite as cheap as some other options, but worth the extra cost in my opinion. Here's the link:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2695478954/lancer-systems-l5-advanced-warfighter-magazine-ar-15-30-round-polymer-opaque

If you decide to try some out, and I really encourage everyone to, make sure you buy the Lancer L5 Advanced Warfighter Magazine, and not the standard L5. The AWM is the one with the steel feed lips.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Last edited by FCross7; 12-16-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:33 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

They look pretty similar to the pmag on the outside

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis